I feel like the deck is stacked against me

Options
2»

Replies

• milyba
    milyba Posts: 49
    Options
    Sounds like you just need to plan ahead, have snacks in ur purse your the one counting calories not them
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Good for you and your self-control! You should be proud of yourself! "Bottomless fries" will only lead to an endless bottom. I'll bet that many of your co-workers have "Restaurant Rump". You, on the other hand, are on your way to looking and feeling better. Don't let stuff like what happened at Red Robin discourage you. Besides, fries always smell better than they taste. You weren't missing anything.

I know sometimes we feel like there's a conspiracy against us. But if you really think about it-- getting stuck in traffic, or the cable TV going out at the worst possible, most crucial moment during any kind of programming (I own this one), or even your ordeal with the fries and your misbegotten chicken lunch, are really only minor annoyances most of the time. Every so often, things just get to us. Keep in mind, the world is not conspiring against you. It's too busy messing with me! Stay strong.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Dang "food pushers" and their evil kindness.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    IMHO-

You have to decide whether you are eating healthy because you feel obligated, or it's a conscious decision.

The difference?

Obligation infers that you are doing it without buy-in on your behalf. The decision was made and you didn't necessarily agree with it. You will feel like you are missing out and challenged at every turn. There will always be temptations and weaknesses because you haven't changed your mindset.

Making a lifestyle choice (conscious decision) doesn't necessarily imply that you won't miss the temptations, but you've accepted what you are doing as a change in lifestyle and eating habits for the better. You understand that every day you will be faced with enticements, but for the greater good you are making choices that you know will pay dividends.

"Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels".

i.e. - attitude adjustment.

I learned this over time.. and it took a while. I can be a victim to my weaknesses, or champion to my convictions.

Choice is YOURS.