Getting rid of flabby arms- Please help

Options
Hi All,
I currently doing Gamma T25.
I have seen some progress nothing really great
But i am not complaining. I am getting it done.
I have constantly worked out for 5 days a week since Jan
and have been watching what i eat. I was out on vacation and my dairy is not filled.
I JUST CANNOT RID OF MY FLABBY ARMS!
I know there is nothing like spot reduction.
But what works for the arms?
Please help

Cheers

Replies

• surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    There's a lady on here, she has lost a ton of weight and has amazing arms, I'll try to find her username for you.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    dschassie
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know there is nothing like spot reduction.
    But what works for the arms?

:huh:

lose bodyfat and you will lose the arm flab...
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For me it goes away with exercise but I was looking at Shake Weight last night, they're like dumbbells but lighter and you shake them :)
  • sandadhya
    sandadhya Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This is the second most asked question from female clients. :smile:

First, and most important, step to dealing with those flabby arms, bat wings or also called bingo wings here in the UK, happens in the kitchen and on your plate. If that bit isn't right then the other stuff won't work properly.

Second part is resistance work so you want to be doing any and all of the following. Press-ups, dips, biceps curls, skull crushers,close grip bench press, triceps kick-backs, push-downs, extensions and pullovers. Lots of variations on the triceps exercises using dumbbells, barbells or the cable machine to mix it up.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    For me it goes away with exercise but I was looking at Shake Weight last night, they're like dumbbells but lighter and you shake them :)
    Gimmick. Save your money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    The flab is fat and excess skin. Lose the fat and they become less flabby. Arm exercises will condition and "harden" the muscles.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm eating at TDEE - 20% and doing most body weight exercises and kettlebells. Still have a long way to go but definitely seeing some improvement in my flabby arms.

Lose the weight slowly to give your body the time to adapt and use strength / resistant exercises. Just keep doing that and they will improve over time.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

The only thing that goes away with a "Shake Weight" is your money.

To OP, diet is what will get rid of the fat.