My Journey - Tips on gaining !

Options
Hey Pals! :D

All through primary and high school i have always been a skinnny kid and often asked if im "anorexic" or "why are you so thin", i would often laugh it off but inside it was killing me. I did not like the way i looked when i dressed up especially in formal shirts and had to wear like a inside shirt to add some chest size and also wore jackets as i felt naked without one on.

my weight at 17 was (44 Kgs ) , i said to myself that i need to make a change so i did exactly that, i armed myself with alot of research , found out my body type and created a meal plan and workout plan. I then went up to (50 Kgs ). Sadly exams was approaching and i couldnt cope to eat alot and train, it was getting hectic so then i gave it a break.

I then when back on trying to gain weight and muscle this year in this month and now is (55kgs), by 6 months i should see some decent gains.

Now if anyone has the same problem in gaining weight, here are my tips as i know it will truly help you! , you're not alone (male or female ) :) by the way im a guy.

TIPS TO GAIN :

* Always have motivation and dedication to reach your dream body - YES ITS A LOT OF HARD WORK
* Eat above calorie surplus ( use a calorie calculator) - TRY FOR 6 MEALS A DAY [ Breakfast- snack- Lunch- snack- Supper-snack]
* Try to eat lean foods but you can have your cheat meals here and there - WE BURN FAT/CALORIES FAST EITHER WAY
* Spend at least 30-45 minutes max in the gym - GET IN & GET OUT ASAP
* Do compound movements - IT HELPS WITH MASS AND STRENGTH ( Bench press-Squats-Deadlifts)

When you feel like giving up, remember why you started !

Take care! and feel free to message me with any questions or post here

Replies

• rumple2014
    rumple2014 Posts: 79
    Options
    I am doing exactly this ATM! Compound 5x5 and I was eating 2400 calories a day and I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere! Yes I have added weight and now weigh 70kg instead of 64! But how much of that is good gains?

Look at my diary! I train every other day ! 45-60 mins depending on how busy it is! I try to motivate myself as no one to go with but I feel as if I have hit a brick wall.

Afraid I will just get fat instead of muscle so I dropped my cals to 2100-2200!

Ita difficult!
  • RimzyRC
    RimzyRC Posts: 3
    Options
    As your weight increases so does your calorie intake sadly, meaning you have to up your calories.
    get a weight gainer to help get those last bit of calories in and eat whole foods ...
    cheap foods like peanut butter- eggs and whole wheat bread - oats etc

just make sure you get in 6+ meals a day, i know its sometimes hard to track but just estimate as you eat.

rumpie remember GAINS COME SLOW ... if you dont see at least a kg added on every week or so then your calories are not enough, it all comes down to food. it gets hectic to always eat but it has to be done.

you wont get FAT if you train smart and eat lean, keep doing those compound movements and keep bulking.

i understand what you going through, but guranteed by 6 months you will see some decent gains

Hang in there !
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am doing exactly this ATM! Compound 5x5 and I was eating 2400 calories a day and I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere! Yes I have added weight and now weigh 70kg instead of 64! But how much of that is good gains?

Look at my diary! I train every other day ! 45-60 mins depending on how busy it is! I try to motivate myself as no one to go with but I feel as if I have hit a brick wall.

Afraid I will just get fat instead of muscle so I dropped my cals to 2100-2200!

Ita difficult!

you cant bulk without gaining some fat. how much did you gain eating 2400 cals?
  • rumple2014
    Options
    I will continue but I gained 6 kg in almost a month! Only on 2400 calories and my diet is lean! Have a look and see!

I think it's a healthy diet even if it's very much the same thing!

My issue isn't putting on enough weight! It's that I will put on too much weight! I don't know how much was just water retention !

My squats at 67.5kg and my deadlifts at 60kg and my overhead press is 32.5 and my bench is 42.5 and barbell row is 42.5 as well! And it's getting v hard to add wieght on my squats ! I will try and get to 70 tonight but it kinda makes me wary! To even try! :(

So what am I doing wrong! ,?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I will continue but I gained 6 kg in almost a month! Only on 2400 calories and my diet is lean! Have a look and see!

I think it's a healthy diet even if it's very much the same thing!

My issue isn't putting on enough weight! It's that I will put on too much weight! I don't know how much was just water retention !

My squats at 67.5kg and my deadlifts at 60kg and my overhead press is 32.5 and my bench is 42.5 and barbell row is 42.5 as well! And it's getting v hard to add wieght on my squats ! I will try and get to 70 tonight but it kinda makes me wary! To even try! :(

So what am I doing wrong! ,?

are your trousers and tops tighter? theres a difference between some water retention from more carbs and your lifting and gaining FAT
  • rumple2014
    Options
    My waist is pretty much the same and my tops r a bit tighter but that's to be expected with muscle and fat gain isn't it?