New member-1st day: time for a change

Options
Hi everyone! This is my very first time using MFP and I am actually excited to be using this. I am 22 years old, 5'1" and 295 lbs. This is my highest weight yet and to be honest, I quite shocked by it. Normally, my weight fluctuates during the school year but this is by far my heaviest. Yes, I know, so many pounds on a small stature. Earlier this year, I lost weight but have slowly gained the weight back over the past 6 months. Nursing school and work took up so much time, the only time I had available to work out was at midnight (I am sleeping by that hour). I want to lose the pounds naturally first (aka exercise and diet) before considering any medical alternative methods. My goal is to lose 50-60 pounds over the summer and i hope that I can do it.

I am keeping my summer weight loss plan a secret from my family because only I will have the motivation to do it. Plus they do not understand how it feels to be in my shoes and the struggle to losing and keeping the weight off. They tried to help me (more like forcing me) to lose weight in the past, but I end up giving up because I lost faith in myself and I did not like doing it to make them happy. They tend to insult my progress or not say encouraging words. A person can only take in so many hurtful words before giving up. Anyone ever been in a similar situation?

I have been reading many posts and I TRULY admire everyones' progress. Everyone is an inspiration to me and I would very much appreciate any tips or advice to losing weight. In addition, support and motivation are always welcomed as well :smile: Message me or add me and we can support each other during our path to becoming healthier beautiful people.

Replies

• mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This forum is definitely encouraging! I good to find people who share your struggles and also share in your victories too. Best of luck along the way.