Pre and post workout meals

Options
I was wondering if anyone can share their pre and post workout meals for weight loss.
I workout at 5am and finding that the teacup of oats I am eating pre workout is leaving me starving.
I am thinking of adding a meal replacement shake post workout?

Replies

• swoldiergirl
    swoldiergirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a protein/coffee shake before working out. After my cardio, a banana to help restore my potassium. After weight lifting I eat 3 whole eggs and 1/2 c Oats w/ 1/3 c blueberries. Protein before/after your workouts will help to build lean muscle and complex carbs will help to keep you fuller longer.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Protein before/after your workouts will help to build lean muscle

This is broscience. You typically cannot build muscle in a deficit (CNS adaptation window does exist for those who are new to weightlifting or are obese newcomers but it's tiny gains as the body adjusted and does not last). Meal timing and frequency is personal preference, there's no window.

I do agree getting a good amount of protein throughout the day could benefit retaining current lean body mass but you're not going to build it in a deficit And without ideal conditions(calorie surplus, heavy lifting) and as a woman, we're at a disadvantage for muscle building in general.
  • Suneeta2014
    Suneeta2014 Posts: 22
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. I train fasted, and don't eat my post workout meal for another 3+ hours.
    As long as your getting proper nutrition within 24 hours of training nothing bad will come out of it.

Try and pair your carbs with protein, whey protein, eggs, fast acting protein.