Frozen Banana with Peanut Butter

faithNlove212
faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
This probably is my favorite snack!

Everynight before bed I take a banana,cut it down the middle & spread 1tbsp of peanut butter inside of it. Then I put it into the freezer so its frozen for the next day. I cut it up into candy size circles & snack on it throughout the day :happy:

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    YUM!! That also sounds like a tasty post work out snack, or dessert at night!
  • Thanks for the info. Those are two of my favorite things. Cant wait to try it.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Sounds yummy! I like frozen grapes as snacks as well. Frozen fruit in general is quite tasty! And can be pureed into a sorbet-like treat or a smoothie :)
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    that sounds so tasty and fun! never thought a healthy snack like that could exist!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Sounds really good. Gonna have to try that!

Cheers for the idea! :happy:
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    good idea, i will try it
  • Thanks for sharing - that sounds delicious!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    I had some of an Elvis sandwich at the fair which was about 1000 calories in PB, Bananas, huge chunks of white bread buttered and fried like a grilled cheese. It was pretty good, but too much. I was thinking I would try it at home with a normal amount of natural sugar free PB, bananas, and whole wheat sandwich thins. This sounds like a pretty darn good plan too :)
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    I am going to go make one of these right now! Thanks for sharing!

L.
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    I will have to give that a shot!
  • faithNlove212
    My weakness is peanut butter :love: glad everyone is interested, its sooooo good!!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Does the banana gey mushy when it thaws?
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    I love bananas and peanut butter... gonna try this one.
  • faithNlove212
    you keep it in the freezer at all times unless your eating the entire banana. I snack on it throughout the day so I keep it in the freezer
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Tried this today! Soo good! :bigsmile:
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    This sounds delicious! I'm going to try it!
  • Tony Horton (The P90X guy) has a "Sticky Bar" that he recommends.

* 1/2 medium-size banana
    * 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (organic minus hydrogenated oils, preferably)
    * 1 cup unsweetened granola

Mix and mash all three ingredients into a bowl. Spoon onto a sheet of wax paper. Roll up the contents into hot dog/cigar shape. Stick in the freezer. Ready in about 90 minutes. Cut off little bites or eat the whole thing. Eat it frozen or throw it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Serves 2.

Nutritional Information: (per serving)
    Calories: 389
    Protein: 14 g
    Cholesterol: 0 mg
    Carbs: 47 g
    Fat Total: 17 g
    Saturated Fat: 4 g

It's amazing. I also like to put peanut butter, banana, granola, and honey on a whole grain tortilla.

Peanut butter - my favorite thing ever...
  • EliseMarie24
    EliseMarie24 Posts: 49 Member
    Bump
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I had some of an Elvis sandwich at the fair which was about 1000 calories in PB, Bananas, huge chunks of white bread buttered and fried like a grilled cheese. It was pretty good, but too much. I was thinking I would try it at home with a normal amount of natural sugar free PB, bananas, and whole wheat sandwich thins. This sounds like a pretty darn good plan too :)

That sounds like some of the crazy items on thisiswhyyourfat.com.

I made peanut butter banana French toast inspired by that gross website but in a healthier way and only half and sandwhich is 4 WW points so it was a nice dessert.

Here's my photo;

toast.jpg
  • BUMP
This discussion has been closed.