Nice bumping into you too!

Options
Yesterday I bumped into an old friend from high school.She said she wasn't even sure if it was me or not.Quote 'I wasn't even sure if it was you! You always were so tiny in high school, now you're so....' Yeahhh..at that point she trailed off I guess realizing what she was about to say.It was pretty awkward.Nonetheless any small amount of self-esteem I was hanging on to was ripped to shreds :D

Replies

• Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Ouch. Avoid her next time. :frown:
  • EleMeleUkulele
    EleMeleUkulele Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can understand how this could have ruined your mood. Recently my grandma told me happily that my face is rounder and I must have put on some weight - it was supposed to be a compliment, I know, so I'm not really mad at her, but augh! ;)

I don't know if your old friend wanted to insult you or not (probably she just put her foot in her mouth involuntarily), but anyway, don't let it get to you. You want to get healthy above all, so to hell with what everyone else thinks, you're doing this for you!

Also, if your profile pic is accurate, you seem pretty tiny even now! What were you before, skin and bones? (Please do not take offense, I meant it in the best of possible ways). :)
  • lcast89
    lcast89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes she seemed to have put her foot in her mouth most definitely lol.I wasn't mad at her just hated the awkwardness of the moment and how it made me feel afterward.I'm 25 lbs heavier than in high school and since I'm short I guess I must look like a beached whale.
  • lcast89
    lcast89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yeah, hate to say it but I will be avoiding her if I see her again. Poor girl but I cannot handle her unfiltered mouth when I'm struggling to lose weight.
  • Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Jealousy can be a heady emotion - sounds as if she still harbors some and is reveling in that you put on just a few lbs (looking at your profile where you state you have put on some with four kids). Don't let her know you down. :)
  • krillersmom
    krillersmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just snooped your profile....you have had 4 kids hunny! Cut yourself some slack! If I weighed what you do and look like you, I would be thrilled! I know this doesn't help because you aren't where you want to be, but just keep working at it and cut yourself a break once in awhile. You will get there eventually and for all the right reasons! And you will be damn proud of yourself! Ignore *****y people like that, it's usually their own insecurities shinning though.
  • TLContheGulfCoast
    TLContheGulfCoast Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    those kind of people stink ... you coulda said, "and yeah, you were always so classy ...what happened?" well, I guess that's not the best answer...but.... ykwim :-0