Gained 7 pounds overnight?!

Options
2»

Replies

• jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    Did you sleepwalk in the middle of the night and eat 24,500 calories? Is there a sheet cake or a side of beef missing from your fridge? If not, it's water. =)

Hahaha!! ^^^ #truth
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You should only weigh yourself once a week at the same time of day. I weigh in every Sunday morning right when i get out of bed. Other then that, you will make your self crazy watching the scale everyday!
    Nothing wrong with weighing in daily as long as it doesn't mess with your head and you start making daily adjustments.

This! Weighing in daily actually really helps me get to know my body's rhythms and the correlations between what I eat, when I weigh in, how my cycle affects things and what kind of little progressions my body makes day by day. I know it makes some people crazy, but seeing the pattern in the little fluctuations is really helpful for me.
    ^^^DITTO^^^
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I am about to start my cycle in a week
    Reason #1^^^...yeah...hormones wreak havoc on the body and can cause all kinds of water retention issues...I feel weird that I'm a dude and I know this but so many women seem oblivious to this fact.
    My muscles are also really sore from strength training.
    Reason #2^^^...when you work out, you break down muscle tissues...fluid is required to repair that tissue...thus you retain extra fluid for repair of said muscle tissue.

And who knows, maybe you have more waste in your system than you did the last time you weighed in. Stop oh noesing about some arbitrary day to day number and start focusing on trend analysis.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    So yes, water around TOM will happen. Strength training will also cause water weight gain because your body uses water to repair muscles after weight lifting. It'll come down.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't have eaten that 24,500 calorie bon bon.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    lol it's water weight probably from the strength training and on set of TOM, relax