question about Stronglifts

Options
So I just started the Stronglifts 5X5 program yesterday and I have a couple of questions...

First of all im really only going to be doing stronglifts twice a week, because I have another cardio/strength training class I like to do one night a week, is this ok or should I consider dropping that class in favor of a third day pf srronglifts?

Secondly, it mentioned on the site to not run on rest days and to take actual rest days, is it ok to do a little cardio/one spin class a week on the days im not doung stronglifts or should i just stick with the stronglifts and nothing else the rest of the week?

Thanks

Replies

• silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sorry, i don't know but you'll probably have better luck posting in the 'fitness/exercise' section, or even the gaining weight section.

Also, this group is very helpful:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy the class stay in it. You could add another lifting day on the weekends if you enjoy the SL program.

I do cardio on my off days, either HIIT or biking or walking. I do however take 1 complete day of rest a week (well if you call cleaning house, laundry, groceries rest...:bigsmile: )
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy the class stay in it. You could add another lifting day on the weekends if you enjoy the SL program.

I do cardio on my off days, either HIIT or biking or walking. I do however take 1 complete day of rest a week (well if you call cleaning house, laundry, groceries rest...:bigsmile: )

Thank you, that makes me feel better...I was worried id be adding too much without enough rest
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'd do the class since you enjoy it, and 3 non-consecutive other days of the week to get 3 Stronglift workouts in every week.