Finding it so tough

Options
I'm 25 and have a desk job but because I commute to London I walk around 2 miles a day just general tube walking getting lunch etc, i'm on 1200 calories at the moment but i'm finding it so tough, it's really hard to get up in the morning and sometimes my brain just isnt functioning properly and i'm forgetting things i never normally forget etc.

At the weekends though especially last weekend I got drunk and had hungover food on sunday so ate nearly 2000 calories, but I don't want to be feeling this starving all the time.

If i upped my calories to 1350 a day would I still lose weight? I generally would like to lose 0.5 pound to 1 pound a week, I don't want to give up the diet but i'm struggling with 1200 so i'd end up quitting completely.

Replies

• Jessicailu
    Jessicailu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Calculate your TDEE and -20% from it. Thats how much calories you should be eating to lose weight. 1200 calories is way to low, I tired it, I was starving as well. If you are only looking to lose 0.5 pounds a week then you can def eat more than 1200 calories. Here is where I got my calories. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    MFP wanted to put me on 1200 cal/day, but it wasn't working for me. So I eat 1550 cal/day, and don't eat back my exercise calories, unless I burn 900 calories a day, then I eat back some. It all evens out about the same, if I was on 1200 cal and ate back my exercise calories, but it's all a mind game and I like seeing the 1550 calories instead of the 1200.
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile pics, you don't look like you have anything / much to lose !!

What is your target ??

1,200 is the absolute minimum you should eat and I suspect as the other poster has said, you'll find that 1200 is well below your TDEE.

On that basis, you absolutely should be able to up the calories and still lose .... but don't try to go for anything more than 0.5 - 1lbs per week.

Also ... don't think of it as a "diet"..... eat instead for the person you want to be since if you stop the diet, any weight you have been losing will come back !
  • kellybutterfly
    kellybutterfly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I used this calculator http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html and it stated that my BMR is 1715 calories a day I'm in the high 9s now but want to be low 9's in the 8 stones like I was before