stuck at my current weight :(

Options
I havent lost any weight in the past 3 weeks and its making me sad an i dont feel motivated to workout anymore. what can i do? I've been eating healthy (except for the occational saturday dinner date) :c

EDIT: my stats are
SW:145
CW;132
GW:120
Height: 5'7
1310 calories net a day
30 mins of moderate walking and 10 mins of running a day (I cant run alot because I have asthma)
im 19 years old

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should work on a recomp rather than weight loss?
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    If you post your stats people will be able to help out more-- your height, current weight, and your daily calorie goal/exercise routine.

From your profile pic, you look very thin already. To me you look like you definitely don't need to lose any more weight!!
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Please open your diary and provide us with some more background information (your height, current weight, goal weight, daily calorie target, exercise routine, how long you've been attempting to lose weight)...

Without more information there is no way to give educated advice.
  • lulushort
    lulushort Posts: 50
    Options
    just posted my stats x
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    just posted my stats x

Thanks!

Seems to me that you're at a fine weight for your height now-- are you looking to reduce body fat and look fitter? Because if those are your goals, I think you'd get the results you want without needing to lose a lot more weight if you start weight training. :)
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Agree. I don't know what your macronutrient goals are or what your typical daily intake is like since your diary is still closed, but if you set a goal to eat about 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass each day and add some weight training to your walking/running program you'll likely see your body composition improve over time. And be patient, these changes don't happen overnight!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I would suggest this too.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

She did recomp and now looks fitter at a heavier weight. The scale number is just one small measurement device. There are so many other and usually better ways to look lean and fit.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I havent lost any weight in the past 3 weeks and its making me sad an i dont feel motivated to workout anymore. what can i do? I've been eating healthy (except for the occational saturday dinner date) :c

EDIT: my stats are
    SW:145
    CW;132
    GW:120
    Height: 5'7
    1310 calories net a day
    30 mins of moderate walking and 10 mins of running a day (I cant run alot because I have asthma)
    im 19 years old

120 is too low for someone 5'7. 132 is probably your ideal weight. I am 5'3 and trying to get to 130.
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and got down to 119 due to stress. You don't want to be that low in weight. The doctor's will tell you also that technically, that's underweight for your height and even if you have a small frame. You look great so maybe just focus on muscle toning but remember with that muscle weighs more than fat. Don't worry about what the scale says; go by how you look and feel in your clothing. I'm finally back to 131 right now. I'm working out because I want to tone up, I know that I may lose weight getting rid of the flub but I know it's not unhealthy the way I'm losing the weight. I've got better nutrition intake now and workout daily. Best bet, don't worry about the numbers! :0)