hi everyone, postpartum weight loss nightmare!

Options
hi all

my friend recommended me to come here and it's really useful for keeping tabs of what i eat, exercise etc, but i have a question i wonder if anyone can help. i have a 15 week old baby and have not lost more than a pound of weight for the last 6 weeks in spite of calorie counting and running/walking etc.

i haven't yet had a period and wonder if my weight is stuck because of hormonal stuff still going on?

anyone else had this problem?

i am still determined to calorie count and work out as much as poss before i go back to work in the new year.

hope to hear from some of you, many thanks

clair

Replies

• kbragg
    kbragg Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome! Quick question: How much weight do you have to get to your goal and are you nursing?
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    The great thing is that you are fixing it NOW>
    I have a six year old daughter and a 3 year old son and just started in the last 60 days!!! SO You should be just fine!!! Also-yeah are you breastfeeding. That's a big question-you don't want to limit your baby of too many nutrients.

And then my next thing is-if you arent.................................. lower the carbs a tad. Get more protien, less processed foods and yes that includes wheats, grains and rices---pasta=processed, bread=processed/unless it's Ezekiel Bread.

Good Luck and have fun with it!!! Don't look at it as a downer but instead a challenge to conquer what is right! lol
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    it could be having a new born is exhausting and i chalk my slow weight loss after i had my children to exhaustion.. it makes me want to eat more for energy.. also i do think the not having period thing may have a factor.. idk.. it takes time but will come off with persistance.. good luck!
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommy, 1st of all, congratulations on your new baby!! :love: :flowerforyou: :heart:

You not getting your period yet ABSOLUTELY has to do with the weight you haven't lost!! Just like your bowel movements, sweat, mucus, urine and your period, it's the way your body eliminates accumulated waste. (Sorry so nasty :blushing: )

Have you ever noticed that when you change your diet (for good or bad), your face (pimples, acne, breakouts) begins to show it??? :smooched: Well....your reproductive system has waste and is yet to eliminate alot of it :smile: and that should be coming soon ::crossing fingers:: So, in preparation for the regulation/balance of hormones, make sure to drink lots and lots of water :drinker: (you'll notice the effects of drinking water on your skin), keep eating healthy, avoid red meat when possible, make sure you're 'going' regularly and have patience :wink:
  • clairaustin
    Options
    oh wow, thanks so much guys! i am not breastfeeding, really wanted to but i take meds that could pass to baby. your advice is great! I really don't drink enough water, and I do love breakfast cereal and bread (although I measure and count calories for EVERYTHING). I have about 14lbs to reach my goal weight and was really hoping to be there by the end of december for the new year party! I won't give up!!!!! I think these forums will be good for me, you guys give me motivation! BTW i live on the South Coast of England, UK, where are you all from?
    xx