How Much Weight Do I Need to Loose Before It Shows?

2»

Replies

• streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Make sure you take photos--I do one at the end of every month, in the same outfit. I don't see a difference when I look in the mirror but I do when I look at the photos. Do measurements, too. Weight loss is not linear. I'll go a whole month without the scale changing, but I may lose and inch or so on my hips, and then I'll drop 3 pounds in a couple of days. You have to watch for progress in different ways--if it's only the scale you aren't seeing the whole picture. I'm down 26 pounds and have only gotten a few comments, but I'm down two pant sizes. Be patient and remember that every pound you lose is heading you in the right direction. If you keep doing what you're doing, you will get to where you want to be. If you stop, you'll stay where you are or go up. In that way, it's actually pretty simple (not easy, but simple). Don't get discouraged!
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    I agree - it depends on several factors - how much you have to lose to start - how tall you are (10# on someone short is different than on someone tall - we just don't have anywhere to carry it so it's more noticeable). I've lost about 18 - people started saying stuff at about 10#. I noticed in my clothes at about 7#.
  • skyeny
    skyeny Posts: 51 Member
    12-15 lb for me (started at 170 lb, people started to notice at 158 lb)
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    I agree with the others. I got comments starting from the 5 pound mark, but for me, it flies off the face and hips. Clothes don't fit any better cause it comes off this awesome stomach fat last for me. Also, I never lose weight in the boobs, but some people do. Get a measuring tape for when you do get discouraged.

If your motivation is purely looks, it can't work in the long run. You need to find a new motivation (in my opinion, that's always been my problem, it doesn't happen right away, so I eat more ice cream.)
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    This quote really says it the best for me:

"It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change. It takes 8 weeks for your friends to notice. It takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice a change. Don't stop!"