Overwhelmed!

Options
Ok, this is embarrassing. I started the fad diet Omnitrition. I was TOTALLY against it. But after everything I heard and saw combined with my issues, I gave in. And it's not working for me. I know I can lose weight the right way. I did it last year and lost 65 pounds. Over winter I gained 30 back. It's killing my motivation. I work 10 hour days in retail and I have lost the ability to figure out what to eat to keep me going but not going out right calorie crazy. I KNOW I can do this. I just need help right now :(

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this! Stop the fad diet and focus on eating a normal, healthy diet. You have done it before, you can do it again!
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It may sound cliche' but plan your meals and take your lunch. The biggest challenge I always seem to face is getting the "right" calorie counts. When I take my lunch I always seem to end up in the evening trying to figure out how to make my dinner with enough calories to close out at 1200 for the day. When I grab lunch while I'm at work because I didn't bring anything I seem to manage to close out my 1200 calories right then during lunch.
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Take a step back and BREATHE!

Make a plan and break it down into steps. Follow one step for a week and then add the next. Trying to do it all at once can be overwhelming. Sit down and think about what you did to be successful the last time - write down those thoughts and ideas and keep them with you so you remember when things get to be too much.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Diet normally at a reasonable (not starve yourself!) calorie deficit and you'll be fine! Fad diets are, like you stated, a bad idea.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    With all of the diets, food plans and "experts" out there, weight loss can be not overwhelming but incredibly confusing as well. You're not alone.

I'm also jumping back on the wagon after realizing that the scale wasn't lying to me and there was a reason my pants were just a little too tight for comfort.

The best thing you can do is plan your meals ahead of time. When you bring a lunch, make sure it has lots of protein and fiber to keep you full and going. Look for foods that have a "high impact" - lots of nutrition so that you won't be hungry right after you eat. Think of food as fuel for your body.

I like meat that is lean and packed with protein. I portion out my food and and plan ahead. Eat a good breakfast, small snack during the morning, lunch, small snack in the afternoon, and dinner. Plus I drink a metric TON of water.

Just know that you're not alone and there are a lot of people in the MFP community who are struggling with the same challenges and who are here for you. If you need some help, I'd be more than willing to listen and offer advice!
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I work long days too. When I feel like snacking at night, I make my food for the next day and pack it up. Two bonuses; I don't snack because I'm busy and my meals are planned. I try to get myself foods I love, like fresh berries and greek yogurt or a huge veggie salad with chicken and I stock 4 different dressings at work. I always keep fruit, baby carrots, almonds or something like Fiber One bars handy and plan to have snacks. I also stock up on seltzer water to stay full and hydrated. I sometimes go to work with a big grocery bag of food for all 3 meals! You can do this. Plan to make yourself happy!