Buzz Feed Clean Eating Challenge

Saw this blow up on my fb feed and had to check it out. I'm going to give it a go, even though I don't believe in things like DETOX or CLEAN EATING or GLUTEN FREE. I think it's a wonderful comprehensive guide.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/clean-eating-challenge

What I like about it is that it is low carb, tons of veggies, and well planned for portability and food usage. I think this will give me a 2 week vacation from meal planning, and that's great.

So who else is interested? Who's with me!?!?!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    So they're recommending 1300 to 1600 calories for everyone males and females no matter your activity level? There's going to be some hungry people out there.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    So they're recommending 1300 to 1600 calories for everyone males and females no matter your activity level? There's going to be some hungry people out there.

That's the one complaint I had. I have MFP, though, so I'm gonna take an afternoon and prelog all the meals. Then I'll be able to adjust portions and macros before I go shopping.

ETA: I'll start Sunday, June 1 and will let you guys know how it goes. You can follow me for updates and information about the adjustments I make
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    IF anyone is interested, I'm now on Day 3 and have lots of tips and recipe mods. First tip, BEFORE YOU SHOP:

Read the whole plan and do an inventory of what you already have. Can you make cost saving mods? Also, you might want to cut back on the kale and collards, because this plan says 1 bunch = 6 cups, but I got 15 cups out of 1 bunch of kale in my grocers.

1) adjust the recipes for your required calorie intake - I've stored all the meals up to day 3, and you can prelog to figure out what adjustments you need to make

2) add cinnamon to the Chia Pudding and Blackberry Yogurt Parfait for additional taste

3) add cilantro, red onion, and maybe diced jalapeno to the cabbage wraps. If napa cabbage isnt your thing or is overly expensive, substitute romaine

4) add some or all of the following (basil / cilantro / scallions) to the asian cabbage salad - it is so bland without these mods that you probably wont get it down

5) always add zest to the recipes for the vinaigrettes - you will get so much more lime flavor if you add lime zest to the lime vinaigrette and orange zest to the orange