NSV: Body Image

Options
For as long as I can remember, I have had a very negative body image, to the extent that I started trying to lose weight when I was 13 and was definitely at a healthy weight! Now, almost 20 years and a million diets later, I have made healthy changes to my lifestyle for over 2 weeks now and have lost 4 pounds as a result. What is more remarkable though, is what I see when I look in the mirror. The girl I see now looks like she has dropped 50 pounds and I know those 4 pounds I've really lost aren't noticeable, it has to be that I am finally seeing my body the way everyone else sees it. I know the scale is moving for me this time around but I'm so much happier about having a positive body image after hating myself for so many years!

Replies

• manjoharris
    manjoharris Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Being happy with yourself is half the battle!!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you and your newfound sense of confidence! I've found along the way that a pound here, a few pounds there dramatically changes how I see and treat my body and goals. Keep it up! The end result is so worth the hard days that will com. Remember this feeling now and know it gets even better!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!