Hi, NOOB here

A little about me, I am 44 yrs young, I have 4 awesome boys, owner/operator of a Taxidermy business. I sing in a ministry band, love to laugh and have a goofy sense of humor.
I've been on a roller coaster with my weight my whole life. I weigh more than I ever have and need to lose 60 pounds. I started working out with a friend 6 weeks ago and she has only gone with me 4 times. However, I have continued to go to the gym 5 days per week and am loving it. I'm determined to lose the weight and stay on a healthy lifestyle for good. I just found MFP a week ago and so far love it but need some guidance. I got the 1200 cal/day but a little confused about the whole calorie counting thing. Would love some friends on here for support and accountability.

Replies

• screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    welcome!
    calories in (the mouth) ...calories out (burned via exercise) you track your calories daily, track your exercise - and then MFP gives you "extra calories" to eat because you exercised. if you want to maintain, go ahead and 'eat" the extra calories you're allotted from having exercised. however, if you want to lose.....you need to create a 'deficit" (so to speak) in your caloric intake in order to lose weight :)
    hope that helps a little