What kind of ribs to buy (lowest in calories)?

Options
akilahleemarie
akilahleemarie Posts: 80 Member
I am going to bbq tonight for dinner...I have been working out for an hour a day...and am not counting calories, just eating when I am hungry and making better choices. I don't want to undo my hard work...so what kind of ribs are the lowest in calories? I know adding bbq sauce and other things impacts that..but I need suggestions on the lowest in calories...I tried google and feel like I am getting mixed answers..thanks!

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If you're doing the whole "intuitive eating" and not counting calories, it doesn't really matter, does it?
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    MorningStar BBQ Riblets :happy:
  • akilahleemarie
    akilahleemarie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well if 6 ounces of meat "A" is 300 calories and 6 ounces of meat "B" is 600 calories...to me it makes sense to go with meat A. I know that meat can have alot of useless fat (saturated)...so it matters to me. I make conscious choices...but without counting calories. The reason why I stopped counting calories, is because I was buying too much processed food (because they had nutrition labels). All I know is that I still lose the same amount of weight, as I did before when I was counting calories. If you eat a bunch of processed food or packaged food its easy to count calories...but if you cook from scratch all the time...its pretty much impossible to track every single calorie. Anyways, I'm not trying to bash anyone's method, all I know is a do what works for me....physically and mentally.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    fat content, how they are trimmed, short rib, spare rib, baby back, how they are prepped, dry, wet, smoked, grilled. will all affect calorie count. If it was me I would assume 150 calories per average rib, 125 if it was a lean rib and 175 if it was a fatty rib