when do you do leg day?

Options
just wanna take a poll of when people usually do their leg day.

Replies

• RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Legs/butt - Tuesdays and Fridays.
    upper body - Monday and Thursday

and Wednesday cardio.

And always early morning - so I can get the sweating over with before I shower and beautify myself for the day.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Options
    I typically do a full-body workout every 2 or 3 days.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I try to do my Legs workout on the weekends as it's brutal and I don't typically like doing it after work (when I workout during the week). I also do a higher rep Squats/Calves workout every week that I fit in wherever it works.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Friday is leg day! :drinker: I think the gym needs "Leg Day Parking" spots. I decided this last Friday.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Main leg days (ie: squats) are on Monday and Friday. I do deadlifts on Wednesday, and that works a lot of my hamstrings so technically it's legs too although I've seen differing opinions on whether it's classed as legs or back.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I think the gym needs "Leg Day Parking" spots. I decided this last Friday.

Haha yes!
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hammies/*kitten*/calves Tuesdays (focus on my deadlift) and quads Fridays (focus on my RFESS).
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    just wanna take a poll of when people usually do their leg day.

On legs day.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I do a push pull split now so I don't have a dedicated leg day. Prior to that I was doing a full body work out every time.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    After a rest day.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Every other day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Every day is leg day.

just kidding... but no really.

i'm doing a russian program- so every day is leg day. and chest.
    and legs
    and back.

and legs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I've done both full body routines and a split routine now and I have to say that I'm definitely partial to full body 3x weekly. I did Wendler's 5/3/1 split for awhile and my leg days were Monday and Thursday with upper body days being Tuesday and Saturday. Sunday and Wednesdays were rest days and I felt best having my leg days after some rest.

What program are you following? What is your lifting experience? If you are a novice you may very well find that a split is far too much volume and will interfere with your gains...like I said, I'm not really partial to a split anyway, but I really think they are not that great for beginners.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I pole dance twice a week and do legs every other day, so essentially, I'm working my legs every day, as pole takes a toll on my whole body.
  • VampireDiariesxo
    Options
    I do full body 3 x per week + 2 days of complexes and cardio.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every session. I like full body sessions.

I think a lot of people (especially at my gym) use advanced body part splits when they could progress a lot faster if they just used a basic full body routine. But I guess that isn't "fancy" enough :laugh:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    If I went to a gym….and if I did a split routine….I would def do legs on Bench Monday.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Everyday is leg day for me.