pre work out drink mix for women

Skmellyg
Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
I have been thinking taking a pre work out drink to help with my focus and workouts. What is good for women and why do you or do you not recommend it? I guess I am needing some opinions.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    There's nothing different for men and women for food. Eat or drink whatever you want prior to working out. I like to eat about 30g ish of carbs about a half hour prior to my training because I like the energy I get from it. What you eat is up to you.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Jack Daniels
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Why would you think that women need different preworkouts than men?
  • SugaryLynx

I need the b word for my bingo card, myself
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member

I need the b word for my bingo card, myself

women's stuff always has to be pink and twice as expensive as the men's. anyone gone razor shopping lately? :grumble:

To answer the question, if it's in the morning I will have a piece of cinnamon toast with butter or maybe 1/2 c. of greek yogurt with some granola about an hour before I workout. If I'm working out after work I eat an apple on the way.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    You don't need a product geared towards a woman specifically, it's all the same.

I always try to eat something along the lines of peanut butter and an apple or toast, but if I need some pre-workout, and sometimes I do, I like Jacked 3d pre-workout. It's strong, kind of expensive but since I only use a 1/2 scoop maybe once a week, it lasts me for a very long time.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    This is clearly a women's issue.
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    What kind of activity/workout?

I ask because if your workout is yoga/pilates/walking, you will probably need something different than if you are marathon training or doing super high intensity workouts.

100 years ago, when I used to do an hour of Brazilain Jiu-Jitsu grappling followed by an hour of Muay Thai sparring and conditioning I used to take BSN No-Xplode.
    The drink would give me a TON of energy. But the workout was grueling!!

Now, the most I will do is a 30 minute DVD or a 45 interval of walk/run. So I don't eat or drink anything before.

Eating actual food would make me sick to my stomach and I simply to have the need for NO xplode (AKA liquid crack) for my current workout intensity.

The draw backs of NO Xplode
    Price
    Taste
    I'd be very jittery and unable to sleep if I drank and did less than the two hours of super workout.
  • ChrisFitt2014
    ChrisFitt2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Slimquick Pure packets you mix in your water Bottle is Awesome!:wink:
  • SugaryLynx
    This is clearly a women's issue.

I thought you were the expert in all things women...guide us!! Berry bliss or vivacious vanilla? !?!?!?
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member

women's stuff always has to be pink and twice as expensive as the men's. anyone gone razor shopping lately? :grumble:

And this is why I use men's razors. It's ridiculous!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Depends on the workout but generally carbs, some protein and caffeine if you need an extra boost
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    you can take which ever one your want!

Depends on your tolerance, I personally don't take it! Don't need it and don't want to rely on it.