So maybe I am obsessing, but...

Options
OK so I been at it a fe days now, and I am logging every single little thing. I am doing good keeping under my calorie goal, but when I look under the Nutrition tab I find that I am way overkill on my cholesterol, and my limits on monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are 0, but I am consuming a few. So I am outside my limits. But all of the fats are from fresh, unsalted almonds in my oats in the morning, and all of the cholesterol is from hard boiled eggs in my salads at lunch. The issue is that almost all my protein for the day comes from those two things, and they are basically the healthiest things I can think of as protein sources. So how can I get my protein fuel but stay within limits of cholesterol and fats? I looked at walnuts and pecans, and both are higher in all fats than almonds. Should I replace some of my eggs with more chicken? Mostly, will I still lose weight if I am not hitting the mark on cholesterol, even though I am on calories?

Replies

• DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Weight loss has to do with a calorie deficit, so yes.

I wouldn't worry about the cholesterol number, as long as your total fat percentage isn't too out of whack. If you are that concerned about it, take the yolk out of your hard-boiled egg. You still get a lot of protein, but hardly any of the cholesterol.
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol has little to do with blood serum cholesterol. And don't worry about limiting your fats, other than trans fats. If you're meeting your calorie goal and are satiated, then don't change anything!
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    How can all your fats be from almonds, if you are also having oats and eggs :o

Anyways, sea food is high protein and low fat often - I love shrimp and cod roe. Also, if you can find some really low fat high protein dairy products, those are awesommmmeee.... Greek youghurt and cottage cheese are good, but skyr, low fat fromage frais and low fat quark are better!