When's enough?

Options
I am once again back from working overseas. I have been extremely successful reaching my goal. The question is... when is enough... enough? I am at a healthy weight now for my height, but find myself stressing and wanting to lose more to build up a 'safe zone' where if I would put on 10lbs from holidays, temptations, family get togethers, I would not fall back into the 'overweight' area. I guess time will tell.

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I am once again back from working overseas. I have been extremely successful reaching my goal. The question is... when is enough... enough? I am at a healthy weight now for my height, but find myself stressing and wanting to lose more to build up a 'safe zone' where if I would put on 10lbs from holidays, temptations, family get togethers, I would not fall back into the 'overweight' area. I guess time will tell.

I think you're facing something most people face when they reach maintenance stage... It sounds like, rather than stressing over losing an extra 10 lbs for a "cushion" when you're already at a healthy weight, you'd be better of working to improve your eating habits so that you make the right choices during the holidays - then you won't have to worry about putting those 10 lbs on! It is possible to enjoy yourself at holiday parties but not put on any weight because of it. Just an idea... :drinker:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I dont know if going 'underweight' would solve the overeating problem. That's psychological work in progress that we all have to deal with.

I agree with accountant boi, just keep on making those good food choices, occasional treats, exercise and well, 'maintain', and you shouldnt have to worry about special occasions. Life is a special occasion!! :wink:

good luck :flowerforyou: you done good!! :bigsmile:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I dunno at all and that's what gets me. When I got married I was 132 and thought I was tiny and the hotness :laugh:. Then I discovered fitness and gained muscle and lost a lot of fat and now I'm about 118 with a 4 pack in certain light. I'm feeling pretty cute, but the lower range for my height and frame is 105. How do I know I won't look even better 10 lbs lighter and even more defined muscles (maybe even a 6 pack?) I don't, until I try it and see if I like the way I look....

I feel like until our body fat is athlete level or we reach the end of the weight range the only way to know you're done is to get to the point where you look too skinny, and then regain :huh:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This is an older post but I am facing this problem now myself. I am now in the mid-range of my maintenance goals weight. After the Holidays I was approaching the higher end of my range. Last week I was at the low end. This week I seem to be right back at the mid-point.

I am concentrating now on toning and maintenance. I don't want to lose any more actual weight, but know I have a long way to go before I feel as fit as I need to be. However, this will not come from any more weight loss. It is good nutrition, balance and fitness that I am after.

Any suggestions? All input sincerely appreciated!