Desperately Need Motivators

Options
I am looking for people who can help motivate me and also give me advice on how to go about losing the weight I need to lose. I am aiming to be 180 to start with, once I get to 180 then I would like to get to 150. I haven't even been trying for a week to lose weight, and I am already discouraged and not sure if I am cut out for this. Please help! :(

Replies

• chante_c
    chante_c Posts: 2
    Options
    It is a process and it is hard. i sometimes get discouraged as well. I have been on this path for the past 2 months and I've found that you have to move at your own pace. For the first month, I made trade offs on what I ate. This was huge. I dropped my calorie intake to 1400 per day, which led to me eating more fruits and vegetables as well as drinking mainly water.

This month, I am adding activity. I try to go for 30-45 min walks at my own pace three times a week.

Total, I have lost roughly 20 lbs in the past two months, but when you mess up, forgive yourself and try again. Good luck... we're in this together!
  • scooter825
    scooter825 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just get in there and start the fight...don't worry about setbacks, just make sure you have more wins then losses at the end of the week. Its 10 pct gym, 10 pct supplementation, and 80 pct diet. Make every food choice count, when you have a craving take a few minutes, breathe, and reconsider.

Hope this helps a bit!
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You can so do this! You don't want to be me, starting to make this change at 50. When my mind starts playing with my motivation I get on and look at the Success Stories. They are truly inspiring and very motivational!!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    heck, who is cut out for this? We all want to eat. You can do it. It is a lot of work and you have to be willing to do it. Log your calories, get friends on here and eat whatever you want, just don't go over your calorie limit. Read the success stories and other stuff on here, we are here to help you. We all help each other.
  • Veropal
    Veropal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ha, I laughed when I read, "we all want to eat"...!! LOL..Ain't that the truth? I am hungry now...so I logged on..I go in spurts and tonight is difficult. I want to eat, but I have had enough! :) Just take one day at a time.
  • danahubley
    danahubley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can add me. :smile: Start by remembering why you want to lose weight. Write is on an index card and every time you feel discouraged read it and remind yourself of what you want. You can do this. You will have bad days but what you do when those days happen is what counts.
  • Zenzen2000
    Zenzen2000 Posts: 17
    Options
    The longer you stay with it.... the more you get into it.... especially when those pounds drop off and your clothes size goes down and down. We all know you can do.
  • MandaPanda6693
    MandaPanda6693 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the kind words! It is truly appreciated and uplifting!