My Recovery Story!

Options
2»

Replies

• JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your courage to speak out and share your story. Remember - you had/have anorexia -- you are not an anorexic. Don't let this define who you are. You are an amazing writer and your story will help many people that will never comment on this thread.
  • LEDrain
    LEDrain Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am incredibly grateful to everyone who commented...I am blown away with the support. <3
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It's eerie how familiar this sounds.

"Because right now, you are not healthy. You are not your true self when you are in the grip of an eating disorder."

That's a scary, but apt, thought. When people refer to "Ana" and "Mia," it honestly makes sense to me. It's like you have a whole other person inside of you, doing things that you objectively know make no sense, but you just can't fight "their" words.

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you continue to work with a professional, as I have, as other things in our lives can often egg us back into the old controlled habits of anorexia. It doesn't go away forever, but it can be managed. Good luck with all you continue to do in recovery!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    As a sufferer of an ED I can sympathise with a lot of this, thanks for writing.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Funny-gif-cat-hugging-plush-toy.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    orig-21259356.jpg

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LEDrain
    Options
    Aww, thanks so much for the kind words & kitty hugs! <3
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of love I wish you SO much peace and happiness that you deserve for the rest of your life for overcoming this. :flowerforyou:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!

Cuteee_hug_cat.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    A powerfully written and emotional account of your struggle that really moved me, and I'm not easily moved. Congratulations on your amazing progress against this disease and thank you very much for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • LEDrain
    Options
    Thank you all so much for reading!!!
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to recover from BOTH Binge Eating Disorder, and Anorexia! So posts like this are all so inspirational. Thank you for sharing!!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Great work! Love the collage:). Be proud!:heart:
  • LEDrain
    Options
    Thanks for reading! I'm so glad that my story can help others!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!