48 and need to be healthy again

Options
I just started fitnesspal.com today. I am on target but have no more calories left for a snack later. I'll have to do better tomorrow.
A nurse I work with told me about the site and she has lost @ 60 lbs in the last 6 mos. She looks great. My friend and I have
tried a well known weight loss program more times than I would like to count. It always worked for awhile but we would fall off the
wagon and gain the weight back. I'm hoping that doing something new will help and I will not only lose the weight but get healthier.

Replies

• saved2010
    saved2010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie. I'm 49 and in the struggle with you. Let's encourage each other!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa and Saved. You might be interested in our thread. women 40+ would like to share progress - part 10

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/124390-women-40-would-like-to-share-progress

It is a great group of woman all over 40.

D
  • Tonya1979
    Options
    Welcome to the group! A suggestion to you, if your hungry later you should make your self a healthy lite snack still.Don't go hungry. Also eating small every three hours will make you less hungry during the day so you dont over eat. Good luck on your goals.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • Deebo958
    Options
    :happy: Hello and welcome! You made such a wise decision to join MFP! It is a great site with the most amazing and supportive people! I have never been so motivated to make a lifestyle change as I am now and I thank MFP for that! If you want encouragement and support, please feel free to friend me! Good luck!!