Calorie Trackers

Options
Hello All! Thanks for reading my post. I was hoping to get some advice from someone who may know better than me. I am an avid biker, biking up to 2.5 hours a day. I use Endomondo to track my speed, duration, calories, etc. Endomondo synchs with myfitnesspal. Usually my calories burned per hour is slightly less than a 1,000 per hour. That is. . . . . until tonight. My friend let me use her heart rate tracker (Polar FT4) and according to the tracker I only burned 636 in 1.5 hours (Endomondo said 1400). I biked 20 miles with an average speed of around 12 MPH.

My question is: Does anyone know which calculation is most accurate? Everything I have read online says the heart rate monitor is the best - it just seems so low. . . .

I had the monitor set correctly, I am 32 years old and weigh 190 with a resting heart rate around 65.

Thanks for any advice :)

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Endomondo is a free phone app and the calories burns are overestimated. A HRM scraps to your body and gives a more accurate calorie burn reading. I would go with the HRM.