HRM?? Polar??

Options
Dont know what i should get. I have about $100 to spend on an HRM. I want one that counts my calories burned. Was wondering if anyone used one and if it was good quality. I know you guys can help me pick one???

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar F6. Does exactly what you are asking.
    5063 Posts: 6
    Options
    I spent some time researching these...I went with the "Sigma PC15". Unit comes with the wrist monitor, chest strap, and bicycle mount. I have been duing the P90X workouts for the past nine weeks now and barrowed the "Sigma" from a friend. I found this German made HRM does what the US made HRM do for a fraction of the cost.....Check out their website. Found my on ebay for $54.00 shipped!

Good Luck
  • amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar F6 also! I love it. It seems to be pretty accurate. I've only used it for a week but I feel very comfortable using it. It's very easy to use. I was extremely lucky tho because I found one for sell on craigslist so I only had to pay $30!! (However, I have not had the guts to take it swimming yet.)
  • KRMc
    KRMc Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a Polar I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. If you do get one I recomend making sure it has a chest strap. I feel they are more acurate at reading your heart rate and give you the best stats. I just got a FT4 and it i think like $69 on sale at Big 5.
    Happy Hunting!!!
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Had a Polar (don't recall which one, pretty basic model) -love it! Swapped for a Garmin Forerunner when I started doing more running outside and wanted to be able to accurately track distance as well.

Polars are great though, and as an added bonus, A LOT of gym equipment that has heart monitoring stuff in it will interface with the chest strap... (always kind of interesting to see what the machine comes up with vs the watch that is calibrated specifically to your stats... ^_^.