random lightbulb moment

Options
I'm a baker. I loooovvvvvvveeeeeee to bake! It makes me happy :happy: But like I've shared before, I tend to eat too much of what I bake :ohwell: So last night I made these super awesome homemade brownies with homemade chocolate frosting. I try to stop eating by 6:30/7 and this was after 8 so I knew I wasn't going to allow myself any last night. Today I decided to have one and I realized something that made me laugh. I can cut the brownies into smaller squares! Don't ask me why I've never thought of this before. I guess I always wanted chocolate and figured I had to have a lot of it. But now I realize that I can cut a small square and enjoy my chocolate and have less calories. And that way it lasts longer for me to enjoy! I know it seems like common sense but I seriously have never even considered cutting them smaller as an option :laugh: I'm a dork :tongue: So remember, you can have food you love, just cut back a little :smile:

:heart: Kelsey

Replies

• Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm a baker. I loooovvvvvvveeeeeee to bake! It makes me happy :happy: But like I've shared before, I tend to eat too much of what I bake :ohwell: So last night I made these super awesome homemade brownies with homemade chocolate frosting. I try to stop eating by 6:30/7 and this was after 8 so I knew I wasn't going to allow myself any last night. Today I decided to have one and I realized something that made me laugh. I can cut the brownies into smaller squares! Don't ask me why I've never thought of this before. I guess I always wanted chocolate and figured I had to have a lot of it. But now I realize that I can cut a small square and enjoy my chocolate and have less calories. And that way it lasts longer for me to enjoy! I know it seems like common sense but I seriously have never even considered cutting them smaller as an option :laugh: I'm a dork :tongue: So remember, you can have food you love, just cut back a little :smile:

:heart: Kelsey
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Definitely a trick I use!

Along with eating out of ramekins, or putting that little piece of brownie on a plate and enjoying it slowly, or only breaking off one square of chocolate and nibbling on it while sitting down...

Sometimes just one bite of something amazing is enough to satisfy that craving!

(although...I could never bake brownies. Just don't have the willpower)
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Yes, I try to make muffins, cookies, brownies whatever then cut them into servings and freeze them. Then I can only take out one serving at a time.

Although my best bet with some of my favorites is just to not make them! There are some things I don't trust myself with!
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Brownies are like my kryptonite!!! Cutting them smaller only means I eat MORE!!!!:laugh: I can't make them b/c they are gone in 2 days. Last time I made them I woke up the next day and wondered why half the pan was gone, it wasn't the kids, I had made them after 8 and they were already in bed!!!!!
    It was ME!!! I had eaten them!!!!:sad: Brownies are OFF LIMITS no matter the size:laugh:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    why did u have to mention brownies!!! *drools*