What sound drives you crazy?

Options

Replies

• CoffeeBugg
    CoffeeBugg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    tEumTTV.jpg

Imagine the shrill sound of Hell's gates screeching open for hours on end. :explode:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    That really messy slobbery sucking sound.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    People.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My Dad's chewing. He eats really loud and when he's done he sucks his teeth (the worst part) I just want to slap the crap out of him!!!
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Screaming babies and people who breathe loudly while they're chewing.
  • tracys2166
    tracys2166 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nail clipping at work.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    babies, people eating, and when people crinkle and twist empty water bottles.

for some reason the last one really makes me want to light people on fire. its the worst of the 3.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Screaming babies, children misbehaving/throwing fits, and people slamming things shut in a huff.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Nail clippers...oh for the love of god..
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    A clock ticking in a quiet room. If I have to sleep in a room that has a loud ticking clock, I need to take the batteries out of it or I can't get to sleep.

Or you could just move the clock to a different room? :ohwell:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    The sound of one hand clapping.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    people filing nails.. that one super gets to me
  • Lyssa54
    Lyssa54 Posts: 81
    Options
    smacking X(
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    smacking X(

I personally like smacking sounds
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Loud chewing or the sound of people eating bananas... grosses me out for some reason.

I also hate when people chew gum loudly & smack/crack their gum, or when people make that sucking noise to get something out of their teeth.

Lots of mouth stuff for me, I guess. :tongue:
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have misophonia so the list of sounds that drive me crazy is quite is long, but here are a few of the worst ones:

►the sound of an old CRT TV, that high pitch tone that a lot of people never noticed sounded like a scream to me. When I was a kid we had several of these and I broke every single one. I am glad these TVs are almost extinct.

►various eating sounds, especially chewing with mouth open, crunching, scratching flatware against the plate/bowl...these things tend to make me rage. When I was little I was made to eat dinner away from my family after I threw my plate at my father because of this. I also can only eat when another pleasant ambient sound is present that prevents me from really hearing the eating sounds, so usually music or something on TV.

►heavy breathing - lost a friend in childhood to this one. she was breathing heavily (soft/rapid inhale, hard exhale) and I asked her why she was doing it and if she could stop. She said she would. She didn't. I lost my mind and verbally beat her up, but never hit her. Friendship was over.

The good news is that I know how to keep myself from reaching the point of rage and throwing plates. As an adult I am better able to just leave a situation before I snap, and I know how to drown out these sounds with ones that don't attack me.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    The sound of the Automatic Garage door opening at my girlfriend's house. It means her husband is home and I have about 30 seconds to get dressed and climb out of her bedroom window.
  • LifeItself
    LifeItself Posts: 44
    Options
    Food smacking
    Teeth sucking
  • demonsheep
    demonsheep Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    People biting their nails/clipping them, and people eating sunflower seeds that still have the shells on them. That biting sound is so....eeeeeechhh
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Teeth grinding. :explode:

Hubby's snoring :grumble: