Shedding for your wedding?

Options
_L_A_
_L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
I'm looking or friends who are shedding for their wedding! I'm getting married August 23rd! I have my dress fitting 6 weeks on Saturday!

I bought the dress when I'd lost weight (from a starting weight of 172lbs) and was at 147lbs, I then put on weight and reached back to 171.5lbs thanks to a stressful semester of studying and exams. I knew what I was doing but I didn't care as I the exams were so important and I believed the only way I could pass was to put all my focus into them which involved no focus on eating or exercise :(

Anyway, exams finished mid-December and I decided to started focusing on my diet and exercise on the 6th January. I didn't have my whole heart in it the whole time though. I lost 4.5lbs in January due to having a healthy lifestyle, I lost 4lbs in February thanks to a stomach bug (I ate appallingly and did not exercise due to being ill, but lost as it threw other illnesses of mine off as well!), March I was completely unfocussed and came down with a couple of minor illness and only lost 2.5lbs, April I managed to 3.5lbs as I was again focussed.

May comes around and I realise that although my weight is going down, my inches are not decreasing at the same speed as they did when I'd lost weight before. Of course for a dress fitting inches are the most important! So I'm doing an intense exercise regime until the dress fitting (5-7days/week), then cutting it back to a more long term manageable exercise regime of 4-5days per week after that. So far in May I've lost a total of 1.5lbs..... not brilliant, BUT I have lost one inch from my hips and one inch from my waist. I'm assuming I've not lost much weight as my muscles have retained water due to the sudden increase in exercise.

I won't be at my ultimate goal for the wedding, but I'd like to be the size I was when I bought the dress as the dress looked great on me at that size! I'm seriously annoyed at my studious self for not eating right during exams! I would have gained due to lack of exercise, but probably only half this much if I'd just eaten right!

So if anyone else is trying to lose weight to get into a specific dress or just in general for their wedding, I'm looking for friends who are in this same situation as me so add me :)

Replies

• Cat603
    Cat603 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am as well trying to lose for my wedding. My date is 10/31/2015 but I am also wanting to lose around 140 pounds. I am going to try keeping track of what I eat and then as well going to start the T25 program on Friday..
  • jjanes13
    jjanes13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am getting married in September 2015. I need to loose about 56lbs to be anywhere near a decent weight for my height, I'm only 5'4". I do at least 3 exercise classes a week and am now desperately trying to focus on portion control. my fiance is 6'7" and stupidly I match his portion sizes!!! I know I shouldn't but I love food!!!
    I have been working hard at exercising for 3 months now, I lost 2 inches from my widest part but have gained 1 since. I haven't lost any weight either!!! I can feel that I am getting muscles but I don't look any thinner!!! :-(

All help will be appreciated.

Congrats on the weddings girls!!!!
  • preciousIam
    preciousIam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i am getting married June 21st. I want to lose 15 pds. I am not sure I can lose all that weight. But I am hoping to lose some of it. I had weight loss surgery so my biggest problem is grazing through the day with high fatty food like chips and candy. Good luck to all of you.
  • KarmaLaine
    KarmaLaine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Same here, we haven't set a date yet but would like to get married this year.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    We just looked at our first venue today for our October 10, 2015 wedding! I refuse to even start dress shopping until I've dropped 70lbs, and I'm aiming for the start of the new year to hit the stores. It's a big motivator!
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi All,
    Im getting married August 16, 2014....i bought my dress November 2013, and i tried a size 16 on...when i told the store associate to order me a 12 she said dont do it, dont!!! But i was determined to look fabulous and feel fabulous on my wedding day, and just overall get healthy....so 6 months passed by and i gained a few more lbs....i work in an office so all i do is snack all day ,i was getting very snappy with everyone, and all the wedding planning was stressful, i realized it was time, i wasnt happy and i had no choice but to start losing weight...i started May 6 @ 191lbs, i joined a gym, eat fresh juices i mix myself for breakfast, and yogurt for lunch, i even sneak a little pasta n bread, and today May 21, i weigh 180 lbs...so i am proof so far it can be done...i need to be down to 150 by the last week in July and i know i can do it... i did a hot yoga class last night, while it was 90 minutes of sweat and tears, i feel amazing today...good luck to everyone, i know you all can do it...any support i can offer please holla back :-)
  • _L_A_
    Options
    Wow loads of us getting married :D It's all so exciting!

It's nice to have a goal like this to work towards for weight loss, it has been keeping me on track the last month and I can't see coming off track because I have the constant reminder!

I didn't order my dress, I got the one I tried on because it was 1/3rd of the normal price :D it was a little big for me but because it was so cheap I could afford the alterations on it within my dress budget! So in one way I'm lucky, the dress will fit me regardless, and if I don't lose weight there will be less alterations so cheaper, BUT at the size I'd got down to it looked amazing, it may not suit my figure as much with the extra weight/inches!

I'd rather spend the money on the alterations and get down to a weight I'm happy with :)

I believe we can all do this!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married this December :) I have too much to lose by then but I'd love to look better in photos than I do now haha!
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding! i am so jealous :( haha
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm just not even ready to go dress shopping yet. Most shops likely won't carry my size anyway, and it would be so depressing to hop from shop to shop with my future mother in law in tow (she won't be left behind!) and not even be able to try anything on.
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am also going to lose weight for my wedding in September 2014. I would like to lose about 40 lbs but if I am able to lose 30 lbs by then that would be great.

Good luck to everyone!!
  • AlmightyAce
    AlmightyAce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it slowly but surely. My wedding isn't until April 2016 (so far!) so I'm not as pressed for time as some of you. Any of you lovely Bride-to-Be's may add me! =)
  • julez4774
    julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    im getting married august 7th 2015 havent bought my dress yet was going to wait till 3 months before i want to get in to uk 10 workout every day have cut my calories down as well im 5 ft 4 still have 52 pound more to lose

congrats girls on your up and coming weddings its so exciting
  • _L_A_
    Options
    Sent friend requests to all of you :D sorry if I missed you out, it wasn't intentional if I did, so feel free to add me!

I get married THREE MONTHS TODAY :D:D so exciting!

I'm just stuck at this weight, although I do think I look more toned and a little more slim-lined so maybe the inches are decreasing... measuring day on Monday so I'll see.

I got my veil today too :D so 6 weeks tomorrow I get to try my full outfit on! :D
  • WeeshieRN
    WeeshieRN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 8-15-15. Looking to lose 20 pounds by then! When I find my dress I'm not sure if I should buy a size smaller or just get it altered. I'm worried if it gets altered too much the dress will look different! Looking forward to watching everyone's wedding journey!
  • carblover79
    carblover79 Posts: 29
    Options
    June 13, 2015 for me. I am hoping to reach my goal (another 25 pounds gone) by the end of this summer and fit into the dress I bought in February. The dress was a bit tight when I purchased it, so I know I have a couple of inches to lose, but I am also working on upper body strengthening so my arms and shoulders look great and I don't have the dreaded back-fat peeking out.
  • _L_A_
    Options
    I'm getting married 8-15-15. Looking to lose 20 pounds by then! When I find my dress I'm not sure if I should buy a size smaller or just get it altered. I'm worried if it gets altered too much the dress will look different! Looking forward to watching everyone's wedding journey!

When I bought my dress she said there was an upper limit to the number of inches they could realistically take off and keep the dress looking as it should, I think it was 4inches but I'm not sure! Anyway if you ask the lady in the dress shop what her professional opinion is on how much a dress can be taken in that will give you a good idea on what size to go for without as much risk :)
  • carblover79
    carblover79 Posts: 29
    Options

When I bought my dress she said there was an upper limit to the number of inches they could realistically take off and keep the dress looking as it should, I think it was 4inches but I'm not sure! Anyway if you ask the lady in the dress shop what her professional opinion is on how much a dress can be taken in that will give you a good idea on what size to go for without as much risk :)

I heard that each size is approximately 2 inches different, but definately ask!
  • _L_A_
    Options
    June 13, 2015 for me. I am hoping to reach my goal (another 25 pounds gone) by the end of this summer and fit into the dress I bought in February. The dress was a bit tight when I purchased it, so I know I have a couple of inches to lose, but I am also working on upper body strengthening so my arms and shoulders look great and I don't have the dreaded back-fat peeking out.

Good luck :D I have the same fear! I've been doing upper body strengthening too, I have included pull-ups (assisted!!! There's no way I could do one with my full body weight, yet :p) and low-rows and high-rows on a weight-pulley system which have made LOADS of difference :D so I'm less worried about it now :D it's also made me realise that I can have a goal of being able to do a pull-up with my own weight :p I just wish I could try now so I can see the angle I can get to in my elbows, but the only place to do it is the gym and it'll just look pathetic me hanging there with straight arms! I really think pull-ups have made a big difference though!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Try www.aminotherapy.co.uk good luck for your upcoming nuptials x