gained 3lbs in one day

20carrots
20carrots Posts: 279 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
Yes I went out to eat Saturday (a normal place, not a buffet or anything) and then I had some cookies. That's all I ate Sat and I also walked/jogged for 6 miles. Sunday morning the scale was up 3 lbs! I guess this could be water/salt/whatever but this AM the 3 pounds were still there. How am I supposed to make any progress if it's 1 pound forward, 3 pounds back? :sad:

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Its most likely water weight, watch what you eat the rest of the week (skip dessert) and drink plenty of water to flush out your system...
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    They say it all of the time but water intake really does flush your system. Drink lots of water. At least 8 glasses per day. I drink more but when I eat something higher in sodium I really have to drink a lot. Hormones can cause weight gain too. I can gain 3-4 lbs over night and keep it on then lose it as long as i drink my water and don't give up. Don't give up!!!!! Women have it rough but you can lose it!!!! Good luck!!!!
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Don't worry too much. There's no way you gained 3 whole pounds from one meal. You would have had to consume over 10,000 calories. No way. (3500 calories = 1 pound of body fat)

I agree... you're likely just retaining water. Drink more water (not coffee or soda).
  • Dont weigh yourself the day after and increase your water a few glasses after you've had a higher calorie dinner. I cant wait to bakers square but im afraid i'll gain too! lol. Good luck
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Restaurant food is usually higher in sodium, and if you walked 6 miles, your body may hold on to water weight for a day or two as your muscles are recovering. Keep on your eating plan, drink plenty of water, and don't stress.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Thank you everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Most of all don't beat yourself up over it. It is just a little bump in the road in your journey. We never REALLY know what is in our food when we eat out unless you can get a hold of ingredients and nutrition facts. So chin up, drink your water and you never know by the time you weigh again you may be down that 3# and then some! I've seen it happen, you CAN do this, we all believe in you!!! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.