I'm ditching my scale for a month!

Has anyone else parted ways with their scale for a period of time?

I am currently focused on building lean muscle mass and don't want the numbers on the scale to discourage me. I generally weigh myself 3-4 times a week, but used to weigh myself every day. My goals have shifted within the past couple weeks and I figure so long as I'm tracking calories and working out, I can take a break from the scale - and the anxiety it gives me! :bigsmile:

Replies

• sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Such a wonderful idea! Wish I could do that as well, but everytime I wake up and walk past the scales I either have to weight myself or feel terribly anxious about not doing it. Recommending people to only weight themselves once a week, yet I'm doing it everyday myself :( Just glad I'm over the whole thing where it discouraged me before.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    I don't weight myself nowadays much as I'm trying to put on muscle as well. As long as I'm not getting a belly I'm happy regardless what the scale says. Do what works for you mate.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    agreed with Kr1ptonite, dude I'm not gay but you look good and nice tat work i'm jealous wish i had more dough to get more work done
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    agreed with Kr1ptonite, dude I'm not gay but you look good and nice tat work i'm jealous wish i had more dough to get more work done

Thanks mate, yeah the tats are costing me a fortune, I don't bother adding it up anymore, and I'm not even close to finished lol.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Such a wonderful idea! Wish I could do that as well, but everytime I wake up and walk past the scales I either have to weight myself or feel terribly anxious about not doing it. Recommending people to only weight themselves once a week, yet I'm doing it everyday myself :( Just glad I'm over the whole thing where it discouraged me before.

I'm sure you could do it if you tried! I totally hear where you're coming from, though. I used to fear if I didn't weigh myself I'd risk gaining a bunch of weight without realizing it. I'm trying to be more in tune witn my body though, and let the way my clothes fit and the way I look be a more reliable way of determining how I'm doing with improving my lifestyle!

On the positive side, you don't let numbers discourage you like I do!