anyone know a good whole wheat pasta?

Options
the last time I bought a whole wheat pasta I didn't like it. Instead of the old (and expensive) method of seek and find I thought I'd ask you guys!

So....what is your favorite brand of whole wheat pasta?

Thanks!

:smokin:

Replies

• Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I really love Hodgson Mill products. They make a lot of good whole wheat pastas.
  • lueli
    lueli Posts: 1
    Options
    By Far, the best I have found is Barilla Plus Multigrain Pasta. Doesn't taste like cardboard, and is especially good if you cook it in Chicken broth...
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I actually have to admit that I really don't care for whole wheat pastas but I know whole wheat is better for me so I tolerate it.:grumble: I use Fit and Active mostly. I know eventually my taste buds will adapt to the whole wheat .:wink:
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I use Trader Joe's whole wheat rotelle...can't even taste the difference between that and regular pasta!
  • iDreamNEON
    Options
    Mueller's =]

Made Spaghetti With It Tonight
  • Sariberry
    Options
    Barilla whole wheat
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yum!!
  • tlynn14
    tlynn14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For me, the trick is to buy the right kind, as opposed to brand. The only kind I like is spaghettini. I think because it is thin enough that it doesn't seem so gummy.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    It's not whole wheat, but the Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta is really good! Lots of fiber in it!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Barilla Whole Grain. I like the spaghetti the best; it is harder to tell the difference between it and the regular spaghetti for some reason.

Be care with the "plus" ... "smart" ... and "whole wheat." None of them are the same as whole grain, and whole grain is what you are (or should be!) looking for.