Comments on routine

Good Morning!

I'm a 6'4" 23 y/o male with cw 285 and sw 325 (started feb 2014). I started with doing 3 miles of intermittent brisk walking/jogging for 5 days a week. I'm starting to incorporate some strength training and have some questions.

I only have a floor and rubber resistance bands to work with for resistance training in my apartment. I'm thinking that I'd like to have 3 resistance days a week. Today I did the following routine twice:

Total 9 min (each time)
Wall pushups 10 (2 sets)
^ note: I do it at a pretty sharp angle (like 45 degree right triangle) b/c I still can't comfortable do them from the floor"
*Lat Raises - 10 (2 sets)
*Calf Raises - 10 (2 sets)
*Bicep Curls - 15 (2 sets)
Floor Plank - 30 sec (2 sets)
Crunches - 10 (2 sets)
^ note: I stay at the peak for ~3 seconds for extra burn
Squats - 10 (2 set)

* - uses resistance bands, right now I'm using the medium (10-12 lbs) band for everything

I'd like to just do 4 sets of each so my resistance training is around 20 minutes of constant work but I feel pretty fatigued after 2 sets so I just do it twice during the day. I'm going to also add sets of 10 Lat Pulldowns once I figure out a door that I can attach my resistance band (my apartment has a strange layout) to.

Am I losing out on a significant amount of burn by splitting the 4 sets into 2 different times?

Is there any significant muscle group I'm missing out on with the above exercises and jogging?

Are there any suggestions for things that I should change up in this routine?

Thank you so much for your time!!

~Whoopsiezz

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Add some sort of back exercise like band pull aparts or rows
  • Whoopsiezz
    Whoopsiezz Posts: 8 Member
    Will do, DavPul. Thanks!