Proteins

Options
I am allowed 95 proteins a day- I am having a hard time with this. Any suggestions of snacks without protein in them. I'm usually okay at breakfast unless I have a glass of milk. Lunch is usually turkey sandwhich and dinner of course varies.

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The default protein level is low.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Generally, think of proteins as a goal to hit, not something to stay under. Same with fiber. The carbs, sugars, fat, and of course calories are what you should strive to stay under.
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    so if I am going over by 10 or less - that is okay??
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    cool- I can handle that- I was thinking protein was a good thing- I have so much to learn about food
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    KAK - I think it's great. I am not a nutrition expert but I am a physician and I have been reading a lot about this lately. I think both Summer and Binary are absolutely right- it's a goal to hit and if you are over by a bit that's OK and it's much better than having too much carb or fat. The only danger with a little too much protein is if you have kidney problems. If you have kidney problems you have to watch your protein intake carefully and consult with your own doctor, obviously.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    so if I am going over by 10 or less - that is okay??
    Easily. I am usually way over my goal and still under what I am supposed to be eating. I should be eating around 200gm of protein a day, but I work out every day.
    What I am saying is, you are just fine.