Just Starting!!

Options
I am just starting my journey here, and I really want it to be a successful one. I have been tracking for a week now and I feel great about it. No real results yet but I know that I will see something soon if I keep it up. I have started with slim fast shakes to give me something to work with. I am working and taking online classes so most of my time outside of work is spent sitting in front of this computer. I am trying to get off my butt and be active, but I am using the time excuse. I think that I can stick with the food goals for the most part, I just hope that I can find time for excercise and then it will become another routine.

If anyone has any helpful hints or tips for this please pass them along. This seems like a very helpful site and a great place to connect with others who may be going through the same thing and who will inspire me when times get tough. I hope that I can do the same for some of you along the way.

I am also vegetarian so if you have any awesome meal or recipe ideas please let me know. I do pretty well, but Im always open to new things.

Also feel free to check out my profile, I just set it up today, and add me as a friend if you want to.

Replies

• crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    You can do it!!! I'm in school full-time and work 2 jobs on top of that, so I'm always bouncing all over the place. Whether I have to get up super early to exercise, workout before bed, or while dinner is in the oven, I always make myself find time. It doesn't need to be for an hour. 30 or even 20 minute workouts make a difference :). It gets pretty hectic, but I feel so much better knowing that I exercised than knowing all I did was count calories. But that's my preference. Counting calories alone is still great, it's just a much slower process and for myself I'd rather squeeze in some exercise so I can see faster results. I'm impatient though haha. Good luck and welcome to MFP, I love it here!!!