Daddy Diet

Options
LloydSev
LloydSev Posts: 41 Member
Good morning MFPers!

Just got my son on the bus, taking care of some work and checking out MFP for the morning routine. A little about me? I'm 31 (will be 32 this year), gained *most* of my weight while my wife was pregnant with our son. She, coincidentally, gave birth. I did not get so lucky. It seemed that her cravings helped fuel my food obsession, and I began eating much more fast food, and I gained a lot of unhealthy weight.

My mission on MFP, now that I've chosen to accept it, is to track my daily caloric intake, track my exercise, and do this in conjunction with my BodyBugg that I received for Christmas two years ago :)

I am, so far, almost 30 pounds down as I started just under 300 pounds, and I'm still going. The goal is to get down to around 160 as my long term goal. My short term goal is to meet my food and exercise goals each day. Each day is a challenge at times, as I crave food, but you manage it like anything else, with sheer will power.

Currently I'm working on ways to add different types of exercises into my routine. I'm currently walking between one and four miles per day (~3mph) as my main source of exercise, but want to add squats to that as well. I was very active in sports when I was younger, playing Football, Baseball and Basketball, and still routinely go to the gym and shoot hoops as a secondary form of exercise as it can work up quite a sweat after just shooting around for an hour.

I'd love to meet other MFPers who are working their challenges, feel free to add me as any socialization is better than no socialization. That's my motto now-a-days :)