Dialysis Diet struggles

Options
I am on dialysis so I have to watch phosphorus, sodium and potassium intake. Most recipes do not give details on these ingredients. I am now trying to loose all this extra weight too.

The hardest part is, my husband is a body builder, my youngest son needs to gain weight and I need to loose weight. It is hard to cook for all of us and hit on all the special diet requirements. I love to experiment in the kitchen. I love to cook, and eat, and it SHOWS! I can't fit into my clothes and can't afford new ones. So I live in my work scrubs.

I need high-protein, low calorie, low sodium, low phosphorus, and little or no potassium foods for myself. High protein, high calorie for my hubby/ High protein, low fat for my youngest son. Low calorie, low fat for my oldest son.

Any ideas?

Replies

• roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I am on dialysis so I have to watch phosphorus, sodium and potassium intake. Most recipes do not give details on these ingredients. I am now trying to loose all this extra weight too.

The hardest part is, my husband is a body builder, my youngest son needs to gain weight and I need to loose weight. It is hard to cook for all of us and hit on all the special diet requirements. I love to experiment in the kitchen. I love to cook, and eat, and it SHOWS! I can't fit into my clothes and can't afford new ones. So I live in my work scrubs.

I need high-protein, low calorie, low sodium, low phosphorus, and little or no potassium foods for myself. High protein, high calorie for my hubby/ High protein, low fat for my youngest son. Low calorie, low fat for my oldest son.

Any ideas?

Go here: www.davita.com. Tons of recipes for your needs. You can add protein portions for your hubby.