tone upper arms

Options
hey
i need to tone my upper arms,they are very droopy squishy now,love to firm them up.what are the best excercises and what weight dumbell would be good.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    Pushups were the best thing that I found to tone my arms. Rows are good too.
  • janistasia
    Options
    I started by using a simple exercise from my Wii game: Stand with feet apart, raise your right arm straight up, holding it up with your left hand, (kind of across your face), bend your right arm back, then back up straight, keeping your elbow stable in place. You can start with 10 reps, stop and rest for 30 seconds, and do the same on the left arm. Once you can do this without the burning sensation in your arms, you are ready to try 20 reps. No weights, as yet. Crawl before you walk. I did this and got my arms ready for more strength training later. This is what I did and it worked for me.
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do tricep extensions, 3 sets of 20 reps on 2kg dumbbells.
    2kg is challenging for me, but then again I am weak
  • TheSuperSaiyan
    Options
    In martial-arts we practice holding a rod (between 2-4 feet long) out in front of us while in a horse-stance for as long as you can hold it, or just set a limit (3 minutes at a time until it feels like nothing to you), and of course push ups... There are many various types of push ups you can do.