Are you naked...

Options

Replies

• nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My scale is a POS so weighing myself at home is just silly. At least the scale @ the gym is accurate. I take my shoes off and wear just the minimal gym stuff (workout leggings and a tank top etc) and I try not to eat or drink before I do it. I always take a protein shake that day.
  • jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    Yeah I do it to. I also void before weighing. (I'm sorry if that's TMI, yall :laugh: )

It's not as funny as sacrifice a chicken, but much more clinical. You're fine. :)

Me? I always get up, use the facilities, take off my clothes in preparation for a shower, pray my daughter stays asleep just a few more seconds, and weigh myself. Have shower, get dressed and start my day.
    *Sacrifice a chicken - Mwa ha ha ha!*
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I get up...pee... sacrifice a chicken...say some chants...get butt nekid...weight myself. Same time for consistency.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Smae here. nekid, after using the bathroom and before eatting or drinking anything
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Since my offical weigh in is with my trainer I weigh myself in the afternoon with clothes on after using the bathroom.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    I get up...pee... sacrifice a chicken...say some chants...get butt nekid...weight myself. Same time for consistency.

smirk....this is going to have me laughing at odd moments all day long! :tongue:
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    Always done it naked, but not first thing - my eyes won't focus that early! . . . but with the scales in exactly the same spot, even if it means jumping on and off it 10 times and nudging it to the left, right, forward or backwards so it reads what I want to see!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning when I get up after I go to the bathroom naked:embarassed: ...only and always naked because clothes can put on a couple extra pounds and your always lightess in the morning..

This is exactly how I do it too.

Regarding getting weighed at the doctors etc, I have often been asked to jump on the scales with boots and a coat on! Hardly accurate LOL.

The only weight that matters is the one that I do myself in my opinion, anywhere else will be with clothes on so I know I will be lighter than it says anyway.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Ok - is "sacrifice a chicken" a euphemism for what I think it is, or for having a poo?
  • AnnaleisJ
    AnnaleisJ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Usually in my underwear which probably weighs very litte! Every Friday morning, it's the second thing I do :happy:
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    [/quote]
    Ok - is "sacrifice a chicken" a euphemism for what I think it is, or for having a poo?
    [/quote]

@ Big Gail Ha-ha! Exactly what I was thinking but was too embarressed to ask! Good on ya! lol! :laugh:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Stark.
  • DigitalRain
    Options

What!!???No rain dance?? :tongue:
  • cataclysm
    cataclysm Posts: 109
    Options
    .....when you weigh yourself? It's pretty stressful to stand on the scale when you are alone and then when on a public scale (Dr's, gym, school?)... I don't know if it's wrong to weigh "just me" or if I should always weigh myself with clothing on to be closer to the weight when out & about. Any suggestions? Is there a right way, right time? right scale? to use when weighing self? Should I have a scale that also determines BMI?

Geesh, this is all so complicated. Just wanted thoughts on the best weigh to weigh self.. Clothes? No clothes? Which is more honest and best?

BUTT NAKED! :) In my own bathroom of course!
  • BeeZoe
    BeeZoe Posts: 37
    Options
    Definitely, wake up, bathroom, pass on the chicken - not awake enough to clean that mess up, weigh in. I also think that weighing naked in the bathroom works double magic because you are NAKED in front of the bathroom mirrors so you are reminded why you are standing naked on a scale first thing in the morning and you get used to being naked, comfortable with it, and you learn to notice the differences in your body as you move that scale DOWN!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

What!!???No rain dance?? :tongue:
    Well you know after you pee, there that...
    Ok..never mind
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning and naked. Your always lighter.
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Always naked for me first thing in the morning after taking care of any business that took place during the night. I always drink a tall glass of water before bed too just because it's a nice way to cap the day. If you are going to weigh yourself with clothing, just try to always make it the same clothing.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    BUTT NEKKID! Friday morning, second thing i do. Scale in the same spot on the bathroom floor.

Me too! I thought I was the only crazy one who made sure the scale was in the same spot!
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in morning wearing the shorts I slept in. I always sleep in athletic shorts, so they weigh about the same.

You also asked about a BMI scale. According to a sports trainer friend, they are less reliable than the scales for weight. It will vary simply by how much moisture is on your feet. The best way to test BMI is to use calipers. I figure I will ask my doctor when I go in for my physical if that is something he does, or where to go for it.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    naked (or as close to as possible, i usually have on undies, bra and a camisole) first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything and AFTER you go to the bathroom.