"Weird" food combos that work for you

Options

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and cream cheese on toast with cucumbers and grapes!

Mango salsa and tzitziki sauce mixed on pita chips

Guacamole and cucumbers (not that weird I guess)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, surprisingly good

Are you an old cowhand from the Rio Grande?

it was the mustache and awesome oil tycoon vest that gave me away wasn't it ;)
  • Pynkklady
    Pynkklady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and mustard together!
  • meggers22510
    Options
    I cook quinoa and combine it with sauteed spinach and mushrooms... then mix in a little cream of celery. I find that this is FANTASTIC!
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Eggs and mustard or mac/cheese and mustard.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and fresh jalapeno or habanero sandwich. Chiles and peanuts area great combo.

I don't think the sweet potato/peanut combo is too weird. I make Thai curry with sweet potatoes in it and top it with peanuts, it's a good combo.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    My dad gave me this when I was little because he thought I was too skinny, and didn't want me to be lanky when I got taller.

I still like the taste of it today, and although it's probably horrible for you, it's good for people who want to gain weight fast ( all fat though lol)

Peanut butter and mayo sammiches.

peanut.jpg
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Not healthy but I like to dip corn dogs into Miracle Whip.
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I found that thinly sliced carrots actually taste pretty good dipped in salsa. It all depends on the salsa (and how hungry you are), but it works! Might not be too bad with guac, either...

Another thing that I found was a "wierd" substitute was a dip for asparagus or artichoke. Traditionally, I used to slather that stuff in regular Best Foods mayo, but last time I used 2 tbsp of light sour cream, a squirt of lemon and mustard, a little seasoning salt, and some curry powder for a little something different. It was good, and about 1/4 of the calories I would normally eat. Experiment and see what works for you.

My last one's not "weird", but Stuffed olives are a good snack when you're craving something spicy or salty. I always have some garlic, habanero, and other miscellaneous olives in the fridge for my 10pm stomach growls.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, surprisingly good

Ooh! I love peanut butter and bread and butter pickles. My husband thinks it's crazy, but I've got one of my teenagers eating it.
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    two saltines with marshmallow fluff in between..yum sweet and salty
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ooohh, just thought of some more...

--peanut butter and tuna salad sandwich (started that one when I was pregnant and it stuck)

--peanut butter spread on cold pizza (not something I do anymore)

I seem to have a theme going here. Maybe I should have called the thread "weird things with peanut butter". LOL!

Carrots and salsa? Yes I totally do this! Good snack for when I am making dinner and I'm hungry.
  • _nicole_jane
    _nicole_jane Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add La Choy crispy noodles to the cottage cheese and green peas and I'm there. So good!
  • Rossmike3d
    Rossmike3d Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love cooked ground beef sloppy joe style with barbecue sauce and then a big dollop of cottage cheese mixed in.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    French fries dipped in honey, or Mac and Cheese sandwich- slice of bread with butter, mac and cheese on top with plain chips inside for crunch. Only weird things I do that I can think of.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Rice and ranch dressing
    peanut butter, with a little syrup, and pancake/waffle
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, salami and egg sandwiches with all the fixings (i.e. onions, mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce)
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    White toast with liver sausage (liverwurst) and grape jelly.

Freaking amazing. My grandma had me eating this as a young child and I still love it as an adult. Terrible for you, but delicious!
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I LOVE steamed rice slathered in ketchup. Always have.

That sounds SO good.
    I love ketchup on anything, but I don't have it too often these days.

I love french fries dipped in vanilla shake. YUM.
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    And chicken flavored ramen with apple or hot pepper jelly.

AND MAC N CHEESE, CHICKEN NUGGET PIZZA. :love: