Motivation slipping...

Options
Started with MFP at the beginning of this year at my heaviest weight (198) & have lost 38lb following TDEE. I am really proud of my progress so far - I am both looking & feeling better. I still would like to lose another 15-25lbs, but my motivation is really starting to slip.

This month has been pretty stressful & I just stopped breastfeeding, which dropped my calorie allotment by 300/day (may also be lending a hormonal aspect). The new level (1700) is much more difficult for me, which seems silly as it is not a huge drop & I know it's not all that low. My husband is on vacation this month so we have been eating out a LOT more than I typically do on my own (he travels a lot).

I don't know if I'm in a "funk" that I need to push through, if I need to switch to maintenance for a while to give my body a break, or if I'm just done & switching to maintenance for good. I'm still logging everything & don't plan to stop. I'm just feeling very... tired.

Replies

• sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    There's nothing wron with either of the approaches. Give yourself a break (but don't overeat), recharge and then go back to losing weight. I did that everytime I stopped losing weight for whatever reasons, and it worked like a charm. When I went to eating less again, weight dropped like it ain't no thing. Worst thing that you can do is feel miserable on your diet, then your motivation will wave a white flag for good. Good luck!