Wondering about beverage calories

Options
Hi!
Wondering how strict you guys are on logging drink calories? I log things like smoothies and frappes, but that's really it.
Is it imperative to track my calorie intake from things like milk, fruit juice, and fat-free creamer in my coffee to achieve my weight loss goal in my allotted time?

I'll appreciate any advice! Thanks!!

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Wondering how strict you guys are on logging drink calories? I log things like smoothies and frappes, but that's really it.
    Is it imperative to track my calorie intake from things like milk, fruit juice, and fat-free creamer in my coffee to achieve my weight loss goal in my allotted time?

Yes, yes yes yes and ....um .....yes!

those mini-moo creamers are like 35 calories and I don't know how much fat. I put three of them in my coffee. That's 105 calories, or one cookie snackwell pack (I dont' eat those).
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    If it has calories track it.
  • amperry328
    amperry328 Posts: 21
    Options
    It is only imperative if you want an accurate account of how many calories you are consuming daily.
  • nltg13
    nltg13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    O log everything with calories in it. It can really add up!
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    What do you really think..?
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter where your calories come from, a calorie is a calorie whether you eat it or drink it. If it has calories, log it! Even of it doesn't have calories, if it has artificial sweeteners or sodium it can be helpful to log if you are having trouble w/ water retention.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some miracle no calorie fruit juice or milk. Log it. If it has calories you need to know about it
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    There is no difference between a calorie you drink and a calorie you eat. If you have a couple of glasses of milk a day and you don't log it it would be like not logging hamburgers.

Drink calories can add up.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Track everything you put in your mouth.
  • LaneB89
    LaneB89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Depending on how much you drink, you can easily erase your entire deficit through beverage calories. 3 tbps of coffee creamer is not a lot at all - a lot of people use more for a single cup - and it has over 100 calories. 2-3 cups of coffee a day and there goes most of your deficit. An 8oz glass of OJ is over 100 calories. An 8oz glass of milk is 122 calories.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do you think that not logging your afternoon snacks would make a difference?

I log all of my liquids. Even the 10-calorie Snapple Half and Half I had yesterday. They have calories and I want an accurate accounting of how many calories I'm taking in day-to-day.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If you are watching your sodium you should also count diet drinks as some of those are loaded with it.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I use to track those little things but don't anymore. I think it's really a personal preference.....everyone will have a different answer. I don't track my booze/juice/milk and still lose, so....
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking my calories over a year ago. If I do indulge in the occasional recovery chocolate milk, it does get counted. It all counts I can't hold myself accountable if I don't log it.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    If it has calories track it.

+1
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Track everything you put in your mouth.

well...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If you are watching your sodium you should also count diet drinks as some of those are loaded with it.

Loaded? Really?

Let me look up diet coke real quick.

Hmmm one can of diet coke.... 30mg sodium. Okay so MFP has me at 2500mg per day so I could get to that by drinking.... 84 cans of diet coke.

Lets see what does normal coke have. 19mg. So, 11mg difference....that is it.

Do diet drinks have sodium? Yes, most flavored drinks do. Are they "loaded" with sodium? No.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you log them if they have calories? Heck, I even log drinks that have no calories because of sodium content. Just log everything.