Anyone with Chubby Knees?

Options
Hi

I have read the posts that you can't spot reduce any area. However, I have always had these chubby fat knees - no matter what I lose, there they are.

I am in the military so I have to do physical training - run, walk, jog.

I also do push mowing, weedeating, gardening, etc.

Nothing seems to help. Is that going to be the last area that I see results or does someone have any other suggestions that I may try.

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, fat doesn't accumulate around joints except in the case of very obese people. If you are at or close to a healthy weight and you have a substantial deposit around the knees, I would see a doctor. It sounds like there's more to that than you think.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Sorry, don't think you can do much there.

I have them, (had them when I was skinny too), my mom has them (she is really skinny, always has been).

You may can tighten the muscles around them with squads but I wouldn't get to hung up on it.
    Focus on the stuff that you do see improvement in!

If anyone does know how to tame them, I would love to know!

ps
    I think it's just the way your knees are built.
  • Kegha
    Kegha Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    always had fat knees even when underweight, i guess my body is that way, I have tried all exercises conceivable and it never made a major difference. We store fat in funny places sometime.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I don't have pretty knees (or thighs ; ) so rather than be bummed about my poor genes, I try to put the focus on things that look good. Accentuate the positive, like they say.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I've always had fat knees, too. Doesn't matter if I'm 97 lbs. or 238! My daughter always laments that even though she did not inherit my unusually short legs, she did inherit my knees!
  • lajohnson1959
    lajohnson1959 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I would always tease my Mom that I inherited her knees. You guys are right - focus on the positive - that I can control.
  • holmed90
    holmed90 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had 'fat' knees when I was running lots, tiny and had a very low BF %. Everyone's body stores fat differently sadly! I have since got a lot more muscle bulk on my legs and it makes my knees look more in proportion now hah.