My big boobed sisters

Options
13»

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have a Panache as well. I'm in a D cup, and it works really well. I'm probably going to have to get a new one bc the cups are a bit too big now.

You can also go Old School and wrap your chest and strap them down that way.
  • ginalovefire
    Options
    38DDD here. Two Ahh Bras work fantastically for me. I can't get over the support, better than a sports bra.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Just read everyone else's replies...Can't believe there are so many of you ladies that haven't bought a quality sports bra and are "doubling up"!!! You can't believe that a bra marked XL or MD or whatever would be able to support your boobs! You don't wear bras like that for everyday all day, so why would you wear something generically marked like that to support your boobs when you are active! Seriously, try the Moving Comfort Juno. I can only speak as 34DDD myself, so I don't know if bigger sizes are a different story, but you all should give it a try! I've done the compression bras marked small and squished together as a uniboob...the Moving Comfort Juno will change your life! :smile:

I so agree with you on this. I used to where a cheap one that was really too small. It was uncomfortable and I felt like i might fall out of it. I am willing to spend the extra money for a couple really good sports bras to keep them in place :)
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    Ive learned to spend a few extra dollars and my workout bra is one size smaller to help keep the girls in order. Thanks for all of the helpful websites listed above!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Target does not have decent sports bras. Go to a sporting goods store or a running store. Look for Moving Comfort bras. The Fiona is my favorite. Also Le Mystere makes a great sports bra that fits like a regular bra. So I can wear it under my work clothes and go to the gym immediately afterward without changing bras. Also nice for when I don't want uni-boob. :)

I know you don't want to shop online, but frankly you might need to with your size. Plus, if you go online there are more colors. Titlenine.com and roadrunnersports.com are good online stores.
  • StephBendo
    StephBendo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dude this is the bra of champions... http://www.herroom.com/anita-5529-momentum-sports-bra.shtml

The Anita Momentum, its a high impact German sports bra, I'm a 32I (wear a 32H in this bra) it looks like flimsy fabric, but you put it on and can jump up and down and they don't move. Even more amazingly no squished ribs (and no underwire, I can't have restricted ribs when I work out and underwire just HURTS) and quite flattering (no uniboob). I swear by this bra, I own 4 of them.

I do high impact sports like kickboxing and running, I've tried other brands, and even other bras from this brand none fit as well or are as effective as this one.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    [img][/img]
  • StephBendo
    StephBendo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34G, not the easiest to find. I workout a lot, so finally invested in some that are fit to the bra size. I like the Shock Absorber once I got used to putting it on - it has two clasps in the back. The onther one I like is by Wacoal - it is an underwire one. Holds the girls in place pretty well and actually gives them some shape. Both are expensive, but to me, well worth it.

The Wocaol one I actually got in person at Dillards.

Beware of the shock absorber if you have wide shoulders, I bought it because it was so highly reviewed, and it would fit great if I could get the top clasp done up, but I'm too wide in my chest and shoulders, ends up being super squishy and uncomfy, but if you don't have wide shoulders it may be the bra for you!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Sports bras - give me the low down. Last week my boob actually fell out of my bra/shirt and hit me in the face.

I'd prefer to buy in person. I'm a 40F right now (well, perhaps a bit smaller, since my weight loss). Even XXL's you can buy in Target just don't cut it. I need the girls to stay in place.

You need to buy a sports bra that comes in real bra sizes (band and cup sizes). The ones sized M, L, XL, etc are not sufficient for the well endowed.
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned the store Bounce, which is owned by Title Nine. Title Nine started out selling sports bras, and if you have one near you, go in for a fitting. They're great!

Enell makes great sports bras for *every* size. You won't need more than one bra and everything will be supported. You'll also feel like you're wearing a corset the first time you put one on.

I like Shock Absorber and Moving Comfort. MC only has one or two bras that go up to an E, though. Shock Absorber will have more options.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I actually just went to Nordstrom and got fitted because my bras weren't fitting well anymore because of my weight loss, and I highly recommend going there to get fitted and then trying the Wacoal Sport bra.

I just used it this evening for the first time and it's pretty awesome. Everything stayed in place and there was no pain when I was doing my power jumps, jogging in place, or butt kicks (I do Insanity).

And the fitting was amazing, very professional and I left feeling great about my purchases and I now know what a properly fitted bra feels like (I'm officially a 32DDD -- stay away from Macy's and Victoria Secret, they suck). It's like going from a 1990's box tv to a flat screen smart tv, lol.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound nuts, but I've found that the only thing that works for me is a sports bra over my regular bra. It means having to wash my regular one more often, which kinda sucks, but honestly it's the only way I'm not flopping around while running.
    I do this as well.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    36J reporting in. I bought a Freya sports bra, and it's good, much better than the compression bras that don't have separate cups - however! There's a lot of advice to size up in the band, so I did, and I'm on the tightest hook. So I would recommend going with your street size. Also, it gives me an east-west splay that isn't very attractive, so I wouldn't wear it on its own, but it's better than uniboob.
  • angrykitty13
    Options
    36J reporting in. I bought a Freya sports bra, and it's good, much better than the compression bras that don't have separate cups - however! There's a lot of advice to size up in the band, so I did, and I'm on the tightest hook. So I would recommend going with your street size. Also, it gives me an east-west splay that isn't very attractive, so I wouldn't wear it on its own, but it's better than uniboob.

If end up in a store that carries Enell sports bras, check it out. When I worked in a sporting goods store I would have recommended it to you as a 36J. I'm glad Freya works for you!

I wonder if people who told you to size up expect their sports bra bands to fit like regular bras. You actually want your sports bra band slightly tighter than a regular bra.
  • AfriDiva
    AfriDiva Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've just joined MFT and was about to ask thiss question when i came across this post. Thanks to all you ladies for the advice i'm gonna look online right now! :happy:
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Anyone found a good racerback sports bra? I usually wear 34F of 34FF (32" around rib cage and 39" around the girls).Anyway I am a huge fan of Moving comfort Fiona. My boobs don't move at all in this bra. However I have lots of cute tanks I'd like to wear that are racer back and they just took stupid with the Fiona. Any ideas for a good racerback that is high impact?

I also just purchased 4 bras for REI (having great sale now ~$23 for a sports bra) and all were way too small :frown:
  • angrykitty13
    Options
    Anyone found a good racerback sports bra? I usually wear 34F of 34FF (32" around rib cage and 39" around the girls).Anyway I am a huge fan of Moving comfort Fiona. My boobs don't move at all in this bra. However I have lots of cute tanks I'd like to wear that are racer back and they just took stupid with the Fiona. Any ideas for a good racerback that is high impact?

I also just purchased 4 bras for REI (having great sale now ~$23 for a sports bra) and all were way too small :frown:

The Fiona is also my favorite sports bra and I agree--it looks terrible with racerback shirts.

Try Moving Comfort's Juno or Shock Absorber's Ultimate-Run Sports Bra #5044. Between the two, I prefer Shock Absorber's due to fit but it's pricey. It comes in an F and G (FF and G are frequently the same size).