Favorite Beauty Products & Brands

justdance06
justdance06 Posts: 23 Member
Hi everyone,

What are some of your favorite beauty (and personal care) products and brands? Organic / natural is a plus too, as well as price and availability :).

I like ..

~ Shea Moisture. I have the Argan Oil & Raw Shea Body Lotion, as well as the Superfruit Complex Bubble Bath. They smell nice, aren't too expensive, and are available at Ulta and Target.

~ Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. This is widely available. It feels a little thin but is 100% natural.

~ Acure Organics Shampoo & Conditioner, Morocco Argan Oil. This lathers just like a drugstore shampoo but is a lot safer. I got mine on Vitacost.

~ Andalou Naturals Ultra Sheer Daily Defense Lotion. I also got this on Vitacost, it is really rich & smells good.

~ Argan and Coconut Oil. These are great natural moisturizers, although I don't like the strong scent of coconut oil.

~ My mascara is Covergirl Last Blast Clump Crusher in Very Black. I know it's not organic but it is the best one I have found & I get a lot of comments about my eyelashes.

Replies

• justdance06
    I forgot to mention, if you are concerned about the safety of your products, you can check them on the Environmental Working Group's (EWG) Skin Deep database! It is an awesome site :)

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I like Simple brand a lot. I use their face wipes all the time. Their products don't break me out either, which is awesome.

I also love Sephora Instant Moisturizer for face, and Miracle 7 Buriti Oil for hair.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,645 Member
    I like the ones that use pretested ingredients so they get to claim they don't test them on animals...
  • GingerLee13
    GingerLee13 Posts: 28 Member
    I've fallen in love with Urban Decay eyeshadow and Kat Von D's lipstick. Too bad they're so $$$.

I do use Philosophy's Take a Deep Breath. It's the best moistrurizer for my combo with adult acne skin.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    I like to roll around in Georgia Clay.
    That's organic.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Annabelle lip pencils
    GOSH pencil liners
    Essence mascaras
    Urban Decay eyeshadows & eyeliners
    TARTE matte lip stains
    jaimeson pure vitamin e oil
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I'll be honest, I don't really care about organic and natural...but I end up buying quite a few products that do fit that description, mainly because I tend to aim for nice products at low to middle-of-the-road pricing and won't spring for top notch :-D

Some of my favorites:

Yes to... products (Carrots, Blueberries, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, etc). I LOVE their shampoo, lotion, face wipes, etc.

Pears bar soap

Burt's Bees carrot day crème

Burt's Bees cuticle cream

Burt's Bees lip shimmers (I love the fig color)

Benefit "They're Real" mascara and NYC Skyrise mascara...at opposite ends of the pricing scale but these are my 2 favorite mascaras

Stila eye shadow

Almay eye makeup remover pads (non-oily)

Korres shower gel

Booth's walnut body scrub

Alba facial products/masks

I also adore Lush products but for the most part, cannot bring myself to pay their prices...and they don't have a store in my immediate area, so it's even more $$. I also used to love Body Shop but have found their quality drastically declined over the past decade...still use some of their scrubs and shower gel, though!
  • Jennicia74
    Jennicia74 Posts: 31 Member
    Aveda for Hair
    Seacret mud soap for skin
    Mary Kay or Seacret facial cleanser
    Revlon color stay makeup
  • justdance06
    Thanks guys! Yes, I have heard Urban Decay products are good. Are they only sold at Sephora?

Revlon ColorStay is the foundation I use currently, before that I used the Almay Clear Complexion for years. I would like something a little more.. glowy? I don't know. I have tried using BB cream but then I don't feel like I am really wearing makeup at all.

I also like the Yes to .. products and Burts Bees because they are so widely available. I use the Burt's Bees sensitive skin makeup removing clothes, and I have used the Yes to .. ones in the past.

I have read a lot of good reviews about the Benefit "They're Real" mascara .. may have to try it out :).