Low Calorie Peppermint Mocha Coffee..or Iced Coffee!

Options
llWishfulShrinkingll
llWishfulShrinkingll Posts: 49 Member
I just recently got addicted to Dunkin Donuts Iced coffees when I had coupons for a free one every Monday last month....so I decided to make my own. You don't have to use the ingredients I used. I know some people don't believe in the 0 calorie sweeteners. I am pretty restricted and that's what works for me. I won't use exact measurements on everything because I kind of just tossed things in there.

I made about 12oz worth of coffee which was around 10 calories.
I used waldens 0 calorie chocolate syrup....a few months ago when I heard of Walden farms I was very naive and thought "how cool 0 calorie products" well I would not recommend Walden farms at all. Everything tastes awful not to mention all the chemicals used in them. This was the only product that didn't make me sick and its been in my fridge for months. I will not order again but I want to get rid of it and get at least a quarter of my moneys worth.
I used a cup of pure silk almond unsweetened milk which was another 30 calories
I added one packet of 0 calorie sweetener
then used some peppermint extract...you have to be VERY careful with this you really only need a drop and even that is tricky without an actual dropper.

I made it an ice coffee and can't wait to try it in hot coffee form.

I am seriously in LOVE

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I've never put almond milk in iced coffee, but I regularly get McDonald's iced coffee with no cream or sugar and add in stevia. Obviously, it's not as good without cream and sugar, but it's still yummy.
  • llWishfulShrinkingll
    llWishfulShrinkingll Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've never put almond milk in iced coffee, but I regularly get McDonald's iced coffee with no cream or sugar and add in stevia. Obviously, it's not as good without cream and sugar, but it's still yummy.

I have never got iced coffee from Mcdonalds but what I just made was seriously better in my opinion then what I was getting. It's kinda hard to compare though since I was getting the cookie dough Iced coffee and this is peppermint.
  • tigergem86
    tigergem86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!! :) when i splurge on coffee i get an americano with white chocolate and peppermint. its my absolute fave! :) but i never tried making it on my own because of the peppermint factor. i might try this with some unsweetened cocoa powder
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That sounds good. I'll try it later. I love DD peppermint mocha.
    I wonder if you could use other extracts (vanilla, almond) as well?
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You can use other extracts! Also, there are sugar free coffee syrup flavorings you can use. I make my morning protein shake with cold coffee (or instant), almond milk, and flavorings.