My derp moment of the week

Options
UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
So yesterday, I was out with my younger daughter. My older daughter was supposed to be at home. When we get there the youngest runs in the house and comes back to announce that her sister was not there. I was somewhat concerned, but not in a complete panic. I mean, she is a teen, not a little kid. So I sent the youngest to different neighbors' houses while I called several of her friends. I was beginning to get upset and so was the youngest.

Then, it occurred to me to find the laptop for some reason. It wasn't in the living room where it usually is. Then, I thought it might be in my daughter's bedroom. She takes it to her room a lot when she uses it. Then, I tried to remember if I saw it in her room when I went in there looking for her. Then, I remembered that I never actually went in there looking for her...

And that is where I found her. :embarassed:

Who loses their kid inside their own house? Derp.

What was your derp moment of the week?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I tried to cast a mini pop R on my ultralight spinning reel and I forgot to flip the bail...
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    In for derp
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I tried to cast a mini pop R on my ultralight spinning reel and I forgot to flip the bail...

What were you thinking?!?!?! :noway:
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    20120117200309-9f818f80.gif

That is the best derp moment i've ever heard! :laugh: I have too many to keep track of, brain farts are my best friend :ohwell:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Oh geez! I'd probably do that, too. My derp moment? You ready? I went to the gas station to fill my gas can, came home, filled the gas tank on my lawnmower, went to start it and realized I just filled the tank on my broken lawnmower. The one that works was in the back yard. :ohwell:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Oh geez! I'd probably do that, too. My derp moment? You ready? I went to the gas station to fill my gas can, came home, filled the gas tank on my lawnmower, went to start it and realized I just filled the tank on my broken lawnmower. The one that works was in the back yard. :ohwell:

Yeah, gas is useful... in functioning equipment. :laugh:

Unfortunately though, that wasn't a good enough derp moment to make me feel better about my own stupidity. Thanks for trying though. LOL! :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Unfortunately though, that wasn't a good enough derp moment to make me feel better about my own stupidity. Thanks for trying though. LOL! :flowerforyou:

I did try! I'm thinking of getting a turkey baster to suck the gas out. I'm not siphoning it with my mouth.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I did try! I'm thinking of getting a turkey baster to suck the gas out. I'm not siphoning it with my mouth.

That will take forever! Be sure to post a video!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    82IxBuL.gif
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You freaked out because your kid wasn't in the house before checking to see if she was in the house...........
  • sjohnny
    Options
    You freaked out because your kid wasn't in the house before checking to see if she was in the house...........

Yeah. And then made a thread about it........
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I lost my stove the other day, then I remembered to look in the kitchen. There it was.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Happened to me the other day. It was awfully quiet in the house and I didnt see my sons sneakers (he usually takes them off). When its nice out he likes to do things like go fishing, play basketball with friends, or like yesterday he went for a run.

Time went by and it was getting late. I texted him to see what he was up to............ No answer. Finally I happened to go into his room (where the door was closed) and he was in there passed out sleeping.

It happens.
  • Texusmc
    Texusmc Posts: 129 Member
    Options

guilty of doing that at least once while fishing .....but i guess that is better than bird nesting your bait caster! ....(yeah guilty again) ....or hooking the bank behind you when fly fishing because you have too much line out. (yep ..here again)

sigh..damn it .i should just give up fishing ....makes me look like a complete Herp Derp huh?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I generally don't take my youngest kid's word as truth when she says she can't find something.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

LOL noob. DYEF?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I generally don't take my youngest kid's word as truth when she says she can't find something.

WHY AREN'T YOU RAISING TRUSTWORTHY CHILDREN :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

That will take forever! Be sure to post a video!

I think siphoning with my mouth would make a more interesting video. :wink:
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm from Wisconsin, so in winter, I start my car a bit before I leave for work so it can warm up. Went out to start the car, walked past the running car to get the dog and bring her out for a potty break. Walk back past the running car to bring the dog in and then proceed to spend the next 5 minutes looking for my car keys! Derp...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Yeah. And then made a thread about it........

You just responded to your own comment. Was that supposed to be your derp moment???