FitStudio by Sears

Options
Is anyone familiar with FitStudio by Sears and can you tell me what your experience has been with it (ie: like it, hate it, worth it, etc). I do like that it syncs with MFP and Map my Walk, but I'm unclear how to use the $$ earned and if there are any restrictions. The website is lacking in how to use the points/$$. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!:happy:

Replies

• scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I was doing a search and this popped up (I'll message you too as I doubt you happen to check back).

I have been participating in Fitstudio for a few months now ... I still don't understand it completely, and there have been some minor frustrations but for the most part ... it's FREE store credit, $5 or more a week.

It does expire quickly ... you can't just let it build up. You only have seven days or so to spend it. I don't know that there are many restrictions, you just give your number and they take off the credited amount.. You do need to read fine print if you are using it with other coupons/deals, but it's pretty straightforward just using it toward a purchase. There are a few exemptions (gift certificates, gas, stamps) but pretty much everything else is fair game.

Works easily in store or online.

I now make a weekly trip to Kmart to spend my points. I have a Fitbit, and so I always earn my 5000 points ($5) easily (you get that for 14-miles). If you check in, accept or send friend requests, sign up for goals and/or challenges you can get additional points for very little effort.

I did a blog post about it ...
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2014/05/fitstudio.html