Day 1

Options
I am really glad I found this site. Looks like a great set of tools. I've used the WW tools before, and this looks pretty similar. I'll have to learn talking Calories instead of Points, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I just saw the post entitled "Fat Dad" a few before this one, and almost replied to that, but I wanted to follow directions and introduce myself. Maybe I'll go back to that after I'm done here. But, that title is pretty much why I'm here: I don't want to be a 'Fat Dad' anymore. All my kids (13 & 7) have ever had is a fat Dad. And my wife has always had a fat Husband despite being thin and hot! Well, no more! I'm getting rid of this crap that's hanging all over my body! I'm going to control myself at restaurants! I'm going to eat small portions at social gatherings! No more seconds at home! And I'm going to get my fat butt in gear and burn this lard off!

We just had a health fair at work last week, and they worked our blood. My numbers weren't good. I'm not diabetic (yet), but my blood pressure was high, and my cholesterol numbers were too high (for the bad stuff, too low for the good stuff). So, I need to eat better (and less), and exercise more (er, some). This site will definitely help!

I am a software engineer, so I sit in a chair all day. And all night. And I sleep little. Very, VERY bad habits, and not at all conducive to losing weight. I vow to change all of that starting today! I stuck to my Calories for the day (had something like 22 left over), but I didn't get to exercise. I will tomorrow, I promise! Heck, I may just even go for a quick walk tonight. And, I am going to go to bed at a decent hour tonight.

Well, just wanted to say hello, introduce myself, and start getting involved. Glad to be here, glad to have these tools, and looking forward to having less and less of myself to deal with!

- Scott

Replies

• YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Right on, good for you! You are on the right path. The tracking is so easy, but so powerful -- to see it all calculated, and to hold yourself accountable for it. I am trying to get my hubby on here, too, maybe I will show him your post for inspiration! :) Good luck to you in your journey to good health, and if ya need any extra supporrt, just let me know!
  • Katy213
    Katy213 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi, you have definitely come to the right place! There is so much info and support on this site and as the previous poster said, just having to input everything really helps to keep you focussed. Good luck!! :smile:
  • brockly25
    brockly25 Posts: 150
    Options
    Yeah man I know how you feel. I working on it too and. This site helping me out big time
    I been reading all over this site and talking to my doctor and looking things on line.
    The think you need to put is. EVERYTHING you eat no matter what each day. Don't try to fool
    Your self and friends. And your friends will tell you if you do things wrong lol
    And I'm trying this Metamucil the doctor said I need it to clean me out water I been drinking
    Cleans my bladder and liver mostly but my bowls need something too for all the weight lose I been having
    And talking about Metamucil not a cool subject.
    If I can help someone out. It's a good thing.
  • Neckman
    Neckman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the inspiring words! Now I feel even more motivated -- I love it!! I am going to force myself to be completely honest and transparent in my journal. Otherwise, what's the point? I am soooooo tired of the emotions and fears related to being fat. REALLY stoked to be on here! Thanks, folks!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ahh another techie who works hard sitting at a desk all day. LOL. I'm tried of being the 'Fat Mom'. My kids are 15, 16 (twins) and 22). We owe it to ourselves and to them to be healthy. I think it also shows them what they should be doing. I'm going to slowly get them to do some walking and other things with me. Help me and them in the long run. Good luck and this is a fantastic site.
  • Neckman
    Neckman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's not easy being a techie and losing weight, what with all of the sitting and the free snacks and the sitting and the free sodas and the sitting and the late nights, and the sitting!

Funny thing is, I was trying to write my own personal version of the WW tools, staying up very late @ night, when I stumbled on this site (via my IPod). This place just saved me a TON of work! Mike did a GREAT job!

Fortunately, my son (13) takes after my wife, and is nice & thin, and doesn't care too much about food. My daughter (7), on the other hand, LOVES food, and is showing signs of carrying my fat gene. So, you're right, time to set a good example!